Sunrise Celebration 2009, Somerset

Guest William of Walworth

Guest Flip

Very very special!!!!

Respect to the organisers, it was a lovely site, lovely people and lovely everything!! More later, completely knackered, tanned and blissed out!!

Dan - Lovely to finally meet you, what a festival!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have posted yesterday (we were back in Swansea by 11:30!) but we went to the BEACH!! :O

Absolutely perfect festival conditions, wall to warm sunshine throughout with just a slight cooling breeze. Them synoptics came good!! :):)

New site is lovely, organisation and arrangements all around displayed all the hard preparatory work. I got chatting on Sunday to one of the women who'd done the wickerwork fences for the gardens, she'd been on site for ages and there must have been so many people putting in labours of love of that kind. The site was beautiful in consequence.

Range of beers superb, well done to all the bars for not running out and especially to the Chelsea Inn for keeping the variety of real ales going to the end .....

Music highlights, a fair few but the Monkeys in the Bimble on Saturday stood out, and Seize the Day Sunday afternoon had nearly everyone going. I'm a major fan of Pama International too. From what I could hear from the campsite late on Sunday, Baka Beyond put on an excellent set, but we'd been at Hattie Hatstar's special guest slot at midnight in Triban, she never fails to deliver :)

I loved Simon Celtica's mammoth set in Earthheart (late but great!) on Sunday. And Nick Mannaseh';s roots n dub and reggae and ting session in the Dance area on Sunday afternoon suited the hot weather fine!

We are so definitely back next year! :)

Thanks to all concerned and I'm very glad to hear the fest broke even this time, loads of late tickets sold it would seem, the marvellous effects of a great weather forecast for you!

Edited by William of Walworth

Yes totally lovely festy, huge thanks to all those involved in making it happen and all the lovely people there...site, music, attitudes, venues....everything just fantastic.....a definite for me next year....cracking weekend :O)

Just got back, and I have brought the sunshine to manchester. I popped over to the crew party at the Bimble Inn last night, and you guys know how to party.

Great meeting you Dan, and some of the others. I am not impressed but gobsmacked at what you managed to lay on for us on the budget.. I took loads of photos, but unfortunately my balance has given them a real Rufus perspective of the festival :D

I wanted to track you all down for a hug, but I had to f**k off otherwise I would be there helping out if I could :P

Well done guys. WHAT a comeback :P