headliners this year

Guest simon1001

agreed....ive grown up listening to Blondie-would love to see them

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he is crap and part of the most overated pile of musical dross this country has ever produced.

I just don't like anything about him.

(Regular readers of this site and members of camp efest will be aware of my deep hatred of the Beatles/ Lennon/McCartney etc.)

It'll be Oasis. I assume they'll be announced after their stadium tour has sold out fully. Or as late as possible. Im hopeful they'll bring Kasabian with em as well. Also heard from a mate that Blondie and the Enemy are being lined up to play. He told me about Prodigy headlining day before it was announced but hes not 100% on these two. Its just what hes been told.

Oh and i'll only suffer Weller if the Rifles play as well.

Because he is crap and part of the most overated pile of musical dross this country has ever produced.

I just don't like anything about him.

(Regular readers of this site and members of camp efest will be aware of my deep hatred of the Beatles/ Lennon/McCartney etc.)

im not a fan of the beatles but that doesnt make me a liar or a attention seeker - it really pisses me off when people are expected to like a group/singer just because they were successful - everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and music taste - if everyone liked the same thing then we would live in a very dull place

im not a fan of the beatles but that doesnt make me a liar or a attention seeker - it really pisses me off when people are expected to like a group/singer just because they were successful - everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and music taste - if everyone liked the same thing then we would live in a very dull place

You dont like anything about the Beatles? There was a famous music Journo (may have been the late, great Lester Bangs) who once said something along the lines of - anyone who says they hate The Beatles is either lying, lying to himself or seeking atention.

Personaly I think the Beatles are the greatest band this country has ever produced, and I think to find nothing to like about them is impossible, you clearly haven't heard much of their output.

I honestly can't stand anything about them. Not lying to you, myself or anybody else. If I choose to seek attention I can find far better ways to do so.

As for not having heard much of their output, I'm 40 years old and through all of my life the Beatles have been a presence on the radio, TV or any other media you choose to name. So I've heard enough to know I don't like them. I've NEVER listened to them out of choice and never will. I really don't think I've missed out.

I was brought up with all my siblings and elders loving the beatles and it was like they were trying to brainwash me into liking them but that didnt work,I listened to the rival band of that era,The Rolling Stones classic. This is why I cant stand the Beatles,when people try to shove it in ur face,you like who you like and we all have our own opinions.

it's all well and good to dislike anything for whatever reasons you may have but to dismiss them so offhand and make sweeping statements going against the general consensus of where their place is in musical history and their achievements and obvious talent is attention seeking plain and simple.

you would only say that in order to get attention, you proved this by then naming personal stories of why you dislike them and not actually backing up your claims at all.

as for saying you have only ever heard them on the radio and in the mainstream media in over 40 years and have never even checked out their non commercial non single releases kinda just shows your narrow mindedness if anything and is plain ignorant, i mean how much bother is it to download a copy of the white album or revolver and give it a listen, you'll probably still dislike them but you just never know.

i don't think i could actually live like that and avoid things just because they are popular and not look into things for myself and do some research and THEN form an opinion.

you can dislike something and still except that they are great you know just because you dislike it does not make it crap or over rated or anything other than just a band you don't like.

they cannot be denied their place in musical history as one of if not the greatest pop band of all time.

and as for saying feeling forced to like something because it's popular pisses you off well surely so does avoiding something for the very same reason as you are still being swayed by general opinion the very thing you seem to be saying you don't want to do ;)

Edited by .jay.

it's all well and good to dislike anything for whatever reasons you may have but to dismiss them so offhand and make sweeping statements going against the general consensus of where their place is in musical history and their achievements and obvious talent is attention seeking plain and simple.

you would only say that in order to get attention, you proved this by then naming personal stories of why you dislike them and not actually backing up your claims at all.

as for saying you have only ever heard them on the radio and in the mainstream media in over 40 years and have never even checked out their non commercial non single releases kinda just shows your narrow mindedness if anything and is plain ignorant, i mean how much bother is it to download a copy of the white album or revolver and give it a listen, you'll probably still dislike them but you just never know.

i don't think i could actually live like that and avoid things just because they are popular and not look into things for myself and do some research and THEN form an opinion.

you can dislike something and still except that they are great you know just because you dislike it does not make it crap or over rated or anything other than just a band you don't like.

they cannot be denied their place in musical history as one of if not the greatest pop band of all time.

and as for saying feeling forced to like something because it's popular pisses you off well surely so does avoiding something for the very same reason as you are still being swayed by general opinion the very thing you seem to be saying you don't want to do ;)

I've heard Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Rubber Soul, With the Beatles? amongst others from my Dad's collection when I was a kid. These are just album titles I remeber my dad owning.The soundtrack of my childhood was pretty much the Beatles and the Stones. I don't want to download the White Album, I've plenty of music in my collection that I really do like and never get round to listening to, so why would i waste my time in something I clearly won't enjoy.

As I have already stated, my view that the Beatles et al are 'crap' and 'overated' is my opinion. I am perfectly entitled to hold this view, as you are yours.

I am not attention seeking, I am merely expressing an opinion. I am now seeking to defend my point of view rather than draw attention to myself. To the best of my knowledge we have never met so I really don't understand how you can make generalisations about my character from a statement I have made about my musical dislikes.

And as for disliking things 'because they are popular', if you re-check the posts Lauz made that statement, not me.

Whilst I'm on the subject of musical dislikes, I f**king hate U2 as well and yes I've heard loads of their stuff. When I was young and knew no better I even bought a U2 album for Gods sake.

Edited by .jay.

I honestly can't stand anything about them. Not lying to you, myself or anybody else. If I choose to seek attention I can find far better ways to do so.

As for not having heard much of their output, I'm 40 years old and through all of my life the Beatles have been a presence on the radio, TV or any other media you choose to name. So I've heard enough to know I don't like them. I've NEVER listened to them out of choice and never will. I really don't think I've missed out.

Edited by thomasowen

Should we move this thread along before it degenerates into a slanging match?

i'm dreading one of the remaining acts being the killers god they are so bland and lifeless live.

5 times i've seen them f**kers now and every time was so dour and,...... i'm actually lost for words they're that boring! (actually the first time wasn't too bad as they were opening a small stage at V and only played 20 minutes)

i'm dreading one of the remaining acts being the killers god they are so bland and lifeless live.

5 times i've seen them f**kers now and every time was so dour and,...... i'm actually lost for words they're that boring! (actually the first time wasn't too bad as they were opening a small stage at V and only played 20 minutes)