headliners this year

Guest simon1001

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he is as unlucky as me! I've seen them three times, they play everywhere, and normally when nobody else is on. The only fest I have been to where they have played and I've missed them is Reading this year, because of the Manics

just in case anyone hasn't read this, it's from NME.COM today

Giddings, who founded the festival, said that negotiations with possible Saturday (June 13) and Sunday (14) headliners were still taking place, saying that both acts were guitar-based.

Speaking to NME.COM, he quashed industry rumours that Oasis and Kings Of Leon were set to play at the event. "It's definitely neither of those," he said. "I can honestly tell you it's neither."

He added: "We're negotiating with the headliners for the Saturday and Sunday. They're definitely guitar bands."

any suggestions? AC/DC looking more like a possibility

yeah i just read that i found i love how the NME claim in the title to the piece that giddings hinted as to who is going to headline but then mention nothing of that in the article at all :rolleyes:

why is ACDC looking like MORE of a possibility based on that article did i miss something?

touring in Europe whilst the festival is on, guitar based band and John Giddings seems to like a Big act from the past headlining one night ;Sex pistols, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Police ,REM , David Bowie all headliners in the last 5 years. Only my opinion.

it's not weird at all every time was either as support for other acts i wanted to see or at festivals, i've never actually paid to see them specifically.

the reason i saw them again after not enjoying them previously was at first to give them the benefit of the doubt and thought i would check them out again as any band can have a bad night.

on two occasions it was because i was right down front at a festival after seeing a band i wanted to see and it being so packed i simply could not be arsed to make my way out but midway through their set both times i left to go and try and watch someone else

and one time it was because the people i was with wanted to see them and there really wasn't anyone else i wanted to see enough thta i was willing to do so by myself, so i prefered sticking with mates.

see not so hard to figure out after all is it. :rolleyes:;):)

It's not as odd when you put it like that, but I still don't understand why you have seen them 5 times if you hate them with such a passion. I mean any band I hate, I refuse to watch live.
Edited by .jay.

it was probably when they had their poorest line up but i still enjoyed it, the first time i saw them live i was lucky enough to see both Oliveri and Lanegan still in the line up but it was a poor performance as homme and oliveri had been fighting backstage before they came on and they just came out played the songs and left and there was a noticeable frosty atmosphere on stage.

seen them countless times since then though by far the best live act I've ever seen.

agreed...i like placebo but they were sooo boring at iow!