Sziget 2009

Guest guitarbaz

Just to reply to a couple of points above:

I got bitten loads when I went before. Would certainly take repellant.

Marks and Spencers gave me nearly 300 to £1 yesterday.

Flight departs in less than 24 hours. Got work today and then need to pack, its going to be a busy day!

Dead excited though!!!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait - me and my friends were expecting fotr this fest for few months, can't believe even, I will see everything by myself, that is my first Sziget!

me and my mates flying from heathrow on tuesday morning at 6.25 am.

cant wait, its garn to be mental. plenty of lager and european ladies. :)

what more could a man want.

have a good time everyone i know i will!!

:lol::D:D:):lol:

Edited by allantrotter

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I cannot believe it is all over I am sooooooooooo depressed :blink:

I had one of the best weeks of my life - it was amazing!!!!!! Did not get to bed before 5am each night and sometimes later - I normally cannot do two late nights at home so it was a miracle!

Highlights for me

Pendulum - absolutely fantastic

Prodigy

Primal Scream

Guitarbaz and his gang who let me stay with them

Seany on the kaeoke at terminal A

JD Bar

DJ Lord Sassefrass (Roma tent) hilarious!

Our apartment

I could go on and on....

Lowlights

Bloody plane delayed for over 3 hours yesterday - I was not in a good place waiting there!!

Hi to Sionell who I met at the airport and there and Pipsum (sp) who came over after recognising Baz!

I am honestly sooooo fed up today I could cry at my desk - I WANT TO BE BACK THERE!!!!

Got back from Budapest this afternoon.

First time at Sziget. Very much enjoyed the langos. gyros and Dreher! Saw all the bands I intended to (including 808 State among a crowd of about 200 in the massive Burn Arena!) and some I happended across (e.g. anyone see the Joy Division tribute act in the A38 Tent?).

I was staying at the Ramada just one stop on the train - most handy. To be honest, i was taken aback about how near some people had camped to the urinals and portaloos and next to the general noise from stages, bars and pathways - I guess they arrived a bit too late and/or weren't intending to sleep much?

The girlfriend was particularly happy that you could get jack daniels (and pretty much anything else) - why dont we get spirits at UK festivals?

Would certainly consider a return, subject to line up.

had a wicked time!

We were campedalong the back road by the Italian campsite (not sure why they had to have their own one??). At first thought it was a crap place to camp but worked out eally good , we had a 24 hr bar near us , toilets and food and really close to the circus tent.

Highlights for me were Medusa stage/area , Placebo , Afterparty 24hrs!!! , Editors , Bloc Party , Squarepusher

The organisation was so good , toilets were clean with toilet paper provided , consistent bar prices , walkways to minimise mud.

Would def go again , i wasnt that up for the lineup this year so if it was good for next year then defo.

One thing they could do alot better is the lineup for the main Dance arena , was pants , really down the line big names with just filler in between. Less of the Paul Oakenfolds and Armins and more LocoDice's etc

I think Fatboy Slim played a pre mixed set and some ppl thought Prodigy were miming???

Underworld should play main stage next year!!!

Edited by MiniMarc

tell you what, on a right downer now.

this time last week was in the warm heat of the night enjoying a cheap Droher dancing in the indie-ish bar beside the main stage.

how a week changes things.

definetly gonna try and persuade me mates to go next year like, was class. more british/american bands would be nice but i realise it is a european festival so it aint gonna work that way.

my highlights were White Lies and Fatboy Slim.

Faith No More were a bit of a let down for me considering how much i had been looking forward to them.

anyway roll on next year.

We got home late last night after a few extra days having fun and lazing in the spa.

The festival was great, we really enjoyed it and it was great meeting Cactusgirl and the gang! Highlights for me were pretty much the whole of Friday on the mainstage (Jet were pretty average but that was expected), Turisas on the Rock Stage, and some peculiar Frank Zappa tribute band that my very drunk boyfriend wanted to see and spent the entire performance apologising because they were so crap!

Our hotel was in a great location but we had to make sure we stayed at the festival until at least 4am if we wanted to use public transport to get back because although the train would get us as far as Batthyany Ter, we couldn't get the metro for the rest of the journey until it started running again just after 4am. Even so, there was a fixed taxi rate of 2800HUF to our location which wasn't bad but a little odd as they charged more to go to Oktogon but had to go through there to get back to us.

Roll on next year!

What can I say, such an amazing festival! I've never been so chilled in my life, sat in the sun, beer in hand and lying across the grass listening to the world music stage. Simply amazing time!

I'm gutted that I missed Ska P as we where stuck on the boat coming back to the island (did the boat run on the day of leaving?). We stayed for a few days after and explored a fair bit of Budapest, one of the guys in the group even met a local girl at the site who was lovely and offered to show us round the city. Highlights music wise include White Lies, Fatboy Slim, 08001, Manic Street Preachers and Danko Jones!!!!!! I nearly cried with laughter at his comments - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF5TaMurPEY.

The random highlights, main stage sound check at 9.30am each morning... 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, no, no no, 1, 2, 1, 2 no no no *slams the bass drum* - our bodies shook with the vibrations! Oh and being started on whilst stood in the queue for the Axe bar... this huge [i think German] guy with his bucket of JD just turned round and started screaming at me. Thankfully everyone else around us told him to clear off and he stormed off somewhere. My only crime was being stood next to him, I have no idea as to why he started yelling at me :S

Would I recommend Sziget to others? Yes, without fail. Would I go again, hmmm I'd like to say I would, but think I'll end up somewhere else in the world next year. I'd just have to hope that it could be amazing as Sziget!

had a cracking time again. it's just such a good festival, chilled out, well organised and generally very friendly. quite a contrast to the uk ones...

highlights are too many to mention and pretty much run from start to finish. had a bit of fun on the karaoke (now on tinterweb for those brave enough to look and listen), went mental at maximo park and got a special mention from Mr Smith for my efforts and who could forget DJ Lord Sassafrass??!

carried on the party (minus ms cactus!) into the following week and had the pleasure of st stephens day in budapest as welll, marvellous!!

so, back again next year by the look of it.. :lol: