Sziget 2009

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any sniffs of a rumour as to who's playing on zero day?? there's just a lot of guff about the rock against racism and what it is about rather than who is actually playing up on the website. it's getting a bit close now!! are they gearing up for a final ticket push or something??

That's what I heard from a friend in Hungary, apparently they were hoping to get a grant so they could afford the level of big name bands they've had in the past but the money wasn't forthcoming. I guess the government has other priorities.

Still, there will be plenty of bands to see and you never know what little gems you might find!

Me neither - and of course the more beer you drink, the better the karaoke sounds. Besides, we're doing our bit for the Hungarian economy so really the more beer we get through, the better.

hey guys!

Its my 1st year going 2 sziget n just have a few questions, hoping u guys mite have the answers....?

So im wondering is it best 2 bring hungarian currency or euros.. and roughly how much do u recommend bringin? is it safe 2 carry cash or whats the atm situation like?

Also i read somewhere the the ground can b quite moist 2 sleep on, i know its pretty warm weather there so im thinkin no, but just incase.. would u guys recommend wellies? or what kind of footwear.. what i thought is a pair of canvas runner that way my feet wont get jumped on..

Im arriving on tues morn with my friends and im realllllly excited but really dont know what 2 expect.. if uve ne other pointers, that'd b great!!

were headin on 2 ibiza after the fest.. ne1 else headin there??

Thanks!!

;)

one thing with cashpoints to look out for is you sometimes have to tell your bank you're going to use your card abroad. i found this out the hard way when barclays kindly stopped my card due to an "irregular" withdrawl. so best check on that one or you'll be short of beer tokens!

Good point! I had forgotten about that even though it's on my list of important things to do before getting on the plane.

It's less than a month until we leave, I might even check in for my flight today and print off my boarding passes. How exciting is that?

i didnt realise that hungary used the euro yet!

in the festival do they take both or not?

what is the best one to use or are they both worth the same inside?

im sure the florint gets a better exchange rate but i'll have to check!

i can't honestly remember what i spent last year. wasn't too bad tho and the exchange rate is marginally better this year which will at least make up for tax increases / usual price hikes. a few hundred should be fine for a week's spends.

the only time we needed a taxi last year was day zero when there were, inexplicably, no late trains back down to budapest. the otherwise excellent public transport = more beer money :)

i think the trains were running all night, which was quite handy. you must have struck lucky on the cabbies. we only got one and he was a total tosser, given that he only had about a mile to drive us he was arguing all the way. kind of put us off using them again!

We joined the big queue for the city taxis just near the entrance gates - they did fixed prices to various parts of the city and we never waited more than about 10mins for a cab. All the drivers were friendly and polite, provided you wanted to talk about football and knew all about Manchester Utd!

We might try the trains this time as there will only be 2 of us going back to the city at night, the others are camping (apart from one staying at the Ramada Plaze across the tracks from the site). I just have to stay sober enough to work out where I'm going and which stop to get off at.

Only 3 weeks to go now!

do the trains/trams run directly to the edge of the island?

me and my mates booked our flights the other day 182 quid (right wounder cos we left it too late!!) :lol:

leave Heathrow at 6.25am on tuesday and get there about 11 o clock as we have to change, any idea if there will be decent shady camping spots left around this time??