Sziget 2009

Guest guitarbaz

After planning on going for about 5 years I finally took the plunge and booked. Whats Budapest like for public transport? Will probably look to get an apartment because I don't handle heat too well so wondering what are the locations to be looking for this?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After planning on going for about 5 years I finally took the plunge and booked. Whats Budapest like for public transport? Will probably look to get an apartment because I don't handle heat too well so wondering what are the locations to be looking for this?

It's just down the street from St Istvan's basilica (Szt. István tér, V. district). As you stand in front of the basilica, go straight ahead across the square and the bar's on the right, next to a shop that sells palinka. I can't remember what it's actually called because we know it as the Manowar bar - the owner is a big fan and there are Manowar posters all over the place and photos of him with the band.

We're staying in District VII so we're fairly central for the metro and trains etc, but last year we stayed in the Oktogon area and it wasn't that difficult to get around - cabs were reasonably cheap and easy to find. Be careful around that bar though, the pickpockets are extremely quick and clever!

I'm bumping this thread back up because Sziget doesn't deserve to be on the second page!

Hoping there will be some more news soon.................

Question for anyone who has been before...How full does the campsite get on the first day? (Day -1 they seem to call it.) Would I get a terrible camping place if I arrived on the Monday (10th) evening?

Thanks.

Edited by TristUK

hey, it's our first time to the festival this year been benicassim last two years and fancy a change. We arrive in budapest on the monday evening we where gonna spend a night in a hostel then look round the city a bit that day and then set up camp will we be able to get a decentish spot?

Any other tips for the festival things to bring and do?

Also how expensive is stuff there?

thanks

hey, it's our first time to the festival this year been benicassim last two years and fancy a change. We arrive in budapest on the monday evening we where gonna spend a night in a hostel then look round the city a bit that day and then set up camp will we be able to get a decentish spot?

Any other tips for the festival things to bring and do?

Also how expensive is stuff there?

thanks

Hi

I've booked tickets and flights etc to the festival only to be let down by the person I was supposed to be going with. I really want to go but now have no one to go with boo hoo.

Can anyone help?

Alternatively I'll be looking to sell the flights to and from UK, two nights in a hotel before the festival starts and my festival ticket as a package for what I've paid for them ... any takers please let me know.

Ta :P

Hi

I've booked tickets and flights etc to the festival only to be let down by the person I was supposed to be going with. I really want to go but now have no one to go with boo hoo.

Can anyone help?

Alternatively I'll be looking to sell the flights to and from UK, two nights in a hotel before the festival starts and my festival ticket as a package for what I've paid for them ... any takers please let me know.

Ta :P

Oh ... so are you looking for people to camp with etc too? I'm very worried about going on my own you see ... I've never been to Sziget before ... actually I've never been to hungary before. Done it at Reading ... but then it's only 22 miles from where I live so easy to go home if I couldn't hack it. I wonder if we could buddy up perhaps?

confused

i want to buy tickets, the sziget website says 10th -17th august, but i cannot get onto the tickets page

see tickets is selling them but it says 12-17th august

which is right?

either way i will hopefully be going - probably on my lonesome how sad