Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there last year 2008 and i was amazed

very very good organization and nice security personel

about bringin your own poisons :D

drinks are allowed only in plastic bottles and small amounts (they check you mainly for weapons or glass not to find any illegal stuff)

u can bring in larger amount of alcohol if u throw it from the bridge into water (but your friend must be down waiting for it) and then passing control empty :D

other drugs:

there is alot of dealers but they are pretty carefull. if u are asking to much or being to silly u wont get anything. it's best to wait at right places and they will find u! (Right places are DnB Afterparty area, back of medusa arena, jamaica town, around party tent, and many others. Be patient and u can find some really interesting new drugs (liquid E, L S D, meth, absinth, mushrooms) u just neeed a bit of luck

i didnt see any police but i heard that if there is any overdose :D (and the are quite some, btw medical personel are very kind and forgiving) guards in ordinary clothes look for dealers for a while (i dont know what happens next :P )

so be patient, a little bit careful but enjoy as much as u can :D

Sziget is its own country with its own laws where freedom is really allowed!

Thanks for your help, I was very concerned about bringing my own Amsterdam stuff into the event. It scares me to do it so it sounds like there might be items available there...any thoughts on this?

A separate question... I was thinking about arriving on Day 1 instead of Day Zero...5 nights instead of 6...what would I miss...is it worth arriving on Day zero?

Thanks for your help, I was very concerned about bringing my own Amsterdam stuff into the event. It scares me to do it so it sounds like there might be items available there...any thoughts on this?

A separate question... I was thinking about arriving on Day 1 instead of Day Zero...5 nights instead of 6...what would I miss...is it worth arriving on Day zero?

sziget and frquency had almost identical lineups last year. theyre held at almost exactly the same time (or were last year) and are geographically relatively close. There's hope for Radiohead's return. Would be fantastic. Sadly, no sziget for me this year, after going to the last three!

The lineup so far has nothing for me this year, but still can't imagine a better festival.

sziget and frquency had almost identical lineups last year. theyre held at almost exactly the same time (or were last year) and are geographically relatively close. There's hope for Radiohead's return. Would be fantastic. Sadly, no sziget for me this year, after going to the last three!

The lineup so far has nothing for me this year, but still can't imagine a better festival.

Hello,

I'm planning on going to Sziget this summer and I'm wondering if anyone has ever booked their tickets through http://www.szigetfest.co.uk/webshop?

It just seems somewhat of an unusual way (transferring money via online banking) to purchase tickets and I've had some very bad experiences with See in the past so would prefer to avoid using them if possible. So has anyone booked their tickets through the 'webshop', and have you received them / used this method in the past without problems?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Going to Exit the month before Sziget (and Melt in Germany :huh: )but also quite fancy this too. We would be flying from London to Budapest which wouldnt be a problem as easyjet have this covered.

Just a few questions though...Is there a dance stage like Exit as we arent into bands and stuff? :P

We would be arriving on the Thursday, is this too late to take in all the fest?

I take it like Exit its too hot to camp so where would everyone recommend for accomodation, thats close to the venue?

Many thanks

Hey guys,

Going to Exit the month before Sziget (and Melt in Germany :huh: )but also quite fancy this too. We would be flying from London to Budapest which wouldnt be a problem as easyjet have this covered.

Just a few questions though...Is there a dance stage like Exit as we arent into bands and stuff? :P

We would be arriving on the Thursday, is this too late to take in all the fest?

I take it like Exit its too hot to camp so where would everyone recommend for accomodation, thats close to the venue?

Many thanks

As above, there is the Party Arena and Meduza, but to be fair the dance music line up at Sziget is never as strong as it is at Exit and in my view there have been some volume issues in the Party Arena in the past. MokkaCura is absolutely brilliantly mental though, at around 7am onwards, when the sun is up - everyone is totally twatted and super friendly. The atmosphere is a bit like the free parties we used to have in the UK, have seen some very weird things there. Like a man in his late seventies dressed up like an elf in green from head to toe dancing round his red furry suitcase. And the man who always takes his huge puppet to dance with him. And Sziget is just a superb festival regardless of whats on, I've been for the last seven or so years and prefer it to Exit, which since 2007 has become too over-run by Brits. Sziget is massively diverse in terms of the people who go, its super-friendly, its 35 degrees every day, very cheap, and there are always new things to discover. And its in the most beautiful city in Europe too! And do not, whatever you do, miss the world stage from around 5pm to 8pm, one of the best vibes you will ever find at a fezzie!

did someone mention Travis headlining??

i wouldn't argue but i can't see them as headliners these days, maybe 10 years ago...

not seen any more confirmations but Editors would be good if it's true. now how's about Maximo as well....??