Sziget 2009

Guest guitarbaz

There is a supermarket not far from the festival, it is really easy to get to from the main entrance. We made a trip there last year for supplies, don't buy large bottles of water or any other liquids because they won't let you take them in. Food is fine though. You can go in and out of the festival as you please so you don't need to stock up before you go in.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not stay at the campsite but from what I could see from the security checks was if it looked like the food/liquid was bought for personal consumption then they were fine - but when people were trying to bring in loads of cans etc in it was classed as possible for commercial use and they were confiscated.

I agree, don't let it put you off. The Security guys have a quick look through your bag on the way in and that is pretty much the only contact you have with them all week. There are a few wristband checks on the way in to the bigger campsites as well, but it's such a mellow festival they are not really needed otherwise.

I've been going for a few years now and couldn't resist again this year! This website is usually good for finding out about the line-up and they seem to have links with the festival:

http://szigetnews.com/

Fat Boy Slim and Faith No More are the strongest rumours so far. It's good for info about the less well known bands as well... the World Music Stage is the greatest :(

I agree, don't let it put you off. The Security guys have a quick look through your bag on the way in and that is pretty much the only contact you have with them all week. There are a few wristband checks on the way in to the bigger campsites as well, but it's such a mellow festival they are not really needed otherwise.

I've been going for a few years now and couldn't resist again this year! This website is usually good for finding out about the line-up and they seem to have links with the festival:

http://szigetnews.com/

Fat Boy Slim and Faith No More are the strongest rumours so far. It's good for info about the less well known bands as well... the World Music Stage is the greatest :P

i can't remember it being alll that hot last year?? maybe at night when we had to have the windows open and were kept awake by the trains! no air conditioning in hungarian apartments it seems!!

so, better get cracking and get organised soon or we'll not get there this year! can't miss it, it's just too good to miss!!

Yeah £120 seems to be the going rate for flights at the moment, they just keep going up and up, finding it hard to convince people to go this year, it is not turning out to be as cheap as last year, ah well, hopefully I can convince people soon, don't want to miss out :)

well that's all done, tickets and flights sorted.

deffo a lot more expensive than last year, sucky exchange rate :rolleyes:

just need to get a nice penthouse apartment sorted out now....

http://cms.britishrock.cc/cms/festival2009.php

this website has the following bands listed as confirmed, and they're usually bang on the money. Plus it fits in with the band's that have already been mentioned plus a couple of new names

The Prodigy, Placebo, Fatboy Slim, Bloc Party, Calexico, Rise Against, Klaxons, Ska-P, Pendulum live, The Ting Tings, Boban Markovic Orkestar

I'd love to go to this, but if cheapest flights are over a £100 might have to give it a miss, doing a few fests this year so it's all getting done on the cheap lol

marvellous. the line up appears to be taking shape already ;)

and that's our penthouse apartment booked now as well. all there is now to do is just sit back and watch the lineup grow :lol:

/sits back