Bestival 2009

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours abound on the Bestival Forum that organiser Rob Da Bank has booked Morrissey to perform on Sunday night at this year's festival;

http://www.sundaybest.net/site/forum...howthread=5920

And Mr Da Bank also hinted that Sunday's headline act would be an 'An S beggining with M".

They've already announced Kraftwerk and Massive Attack as the other 2 headline acts.

Given it's unlikely Morrissey will be able to play Isle Of Wight again, after he missed 2005's performance, I think this is looking pretty likely.

Has anyone been before? What's the general atmosphere like?

Likely to sell out early? Don't know whether to buy my ticket now, or wait?

Thanks!!

Rumours abound on the Bestival Forum that organiser Rob Da Bank has booked Morrissey to perform on Sunday night at this year's festival;

http://www.sundaybest.net/site/forum...howthread=5920

And Mr Da Bank also hinted that Sunday's headline act would be an 'An S beggining with M".

They've already announced Kraftwerk and Massive Attack as the other 2 headline acts.

Given it's unlikely Morrissey will be able to play Isle Of Wight again, after he missed 2005's performance, I think this is looking pretty likely.

Has anyone been before? What's the general atmosphere like?

Likely to sell out early? Don't know whether to buy my ticket now, or wait?

Thanks!!

What about Depeche Mode for 3rd headliner?

Their US tour end on September 5th, which leaves time to get back over to the UK.

'An S beginning with M'? Second name = Mode?

DM have said they're doing no UK festivals this year - direct from the lips of Dave Gahan.

And so from that, I don't much believe the story that was in The Sun last week that they're playing Glasto. According to Dave Gahan (from about a week before that Sun story) it just wasn't possible to fit it in around other already announced dates.