Bestival 2009

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT:::::::::::::::

KraftWerk, Massive Attack, MGMT, Fleet Foxes and Klaxons.

Other bands appearing …

Bat For Lashes, Michael Nyman, The Beat, Squarepusher, Future Sound Of London, Little Boots, Seasick Steve, Friendly Fires, Florence & The Machine, Bjorn Again, Fujiya & Miyagi, Metronomy, Dub Pistols, James Yuill, Free Peace, VV Brown, Chase & Status, Golden Silvers, Goldie Lookin’ Chain, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis, The Cuban Brothers, dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip, Ebony Bones, Altern8, Passion Pit, 65 Days of Static.

Leaked here - http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/klaxons-and-mgmt-for-bestival

Did it come with the Daft Punk strong rumour? :blink:

nope, that came from elsewhere. It was added quick cos I knew an embargo'd press release was coming my way (at which point I wouldn't change what was rumoured), and then when I'd done some investigation I came to the conclusion that it was wrong and it was removed again.

Announcement is at 11am.

(Bestival think it's their best ever ..... but they would think that wouldn't they :P).

Bestival 2009 - The Year of The Spectacular

starring:

Kraftwerk :: Massive Attack :: MGMT :: Fleet Foxes

Seasick Steve :: Klaxons :: Bat For Lashes

plus a very special Sunday night headliner to be announced soon

plus live music from:

Michael Nyman :: The Beat :: Squarepusher :: Future Sound Of London :: Friendly Fires :: Florence And The Machine :: Bjorn Again :: Little Boots :: Fujiya & Miyagi :: dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip :: Passion Pit :: Ebony Bones :: Beardyman :: Kitty Daisy & Lewis :: VV Brown :: Chase & Status :: Boy 8 Bit :: The Cuban Brothers :: Dub Pistols :: Golden Silvers :: Free Peace :: Rusko :: Metronomy :: Goldie Lookin’ Chain :: James Yuill :: Buraka Som Sistema :: Altern 8 :: Major Lazer :: Peggy Sue :: Eat Static :: 65 Days Of Static :: Bastila :: Sportsday Megaphone :: Kid Carpet :: The Ghost :: Heartbreak :: Hockey :: Fake Bush :: Introducing :: Alessi's Ark :: Blindfold :: Bloco Electro :: Blue Roses :: Pivot :: Chew Lips :: Efterklang :: Goodbye Stereo :: Pole :: Napoleon IIIrd :: It Hugs Back :: Joe Gideon & The Shark :: Orkestra Del Sol :: Frightened Rabbit

plus more still to be announced...

& DJs:

Diplo presents The Mad Decent Soundsystem :: Fabio & Grooverider :: Rob Da Bank :: Zane Lowe :: Annie Mac presents :: Derrick Carter :: DJ Yoda :: London Elektricity & MC Wrec :: Gilles Peterson :: Fake Blood :: Friction Huw Stephens :: Skream :: DJ Derek :: Tayo :: Sombrero Sound System :: Fear Of Theydon :: Alix Perez :: Johnno (Bugged Out) :: Raffertie :: Krysko :: Monsters At Work DJs present The Psychedelic Sounds Of Monsterism Island :: A1 Bassline :: Freemasons :: Coley

plus more still to be announced...

& also featuring:

A brand new site layout :: Blastival! :: The After Burner Rave Up :: Outer Space Fancy Dress Theme & all the usual Bestival magic & mayhem

The After Burner

The After Burner is a new 360 degree multi stage arena that will come alive after dark and late into the night. The centre of the venue is a 10 meter tower built from jet engine components that produces various effects with fire, smoke and water. The heart of the tower is a DJ booth producing the beat for the effects to synchronize to and surrounding this is a stage for MCs and performers.

The tower is lit with coloured changing and strobing lighting effects, high powered lasers and flames. Stretching out from the tower are 6 solid structures which form 3 seating areas, 3 dance areas and 3 raised stages. And at the tips of each seat are Victorian lamp posts with flickering flame lights. Growing around these are twisted metal trees puffing smoke and in synchronicity with the music they burst flame balls into the sky!

It's going to be SPECTACULAR!

I've always wanted to go to Bestival, but never managed to get there. I reckon I'm gonna try harder than usual to persuade my usual festival-going chums this year.

Usually, how long does it take for tickets to sell out? When do you think the 3rd headliner will be announced? If it is either daft Punk or the Prodigy, I reckon I'll be able to get at least one of my mates to come.

Kraftwerk and Massive Attack....2 of my all time favourite acts.