Glastonbury Wristband.

Guest Conrax

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i got mine on still from 08, 07 fell off, and my OH has them stashed away in a box with all the tickets, programmes, newspapers etc to politely inform people of how amazing glasto is when people dare say "its not their thing"....

I cut them off when I get home and scrub up but always keep them in a folder with all the other material (ticket, programmes and newspapers etc) from each year's festival.

The real problem is the car park windscreen sticker. It may be cool for some but can also be an invitation to P.C. Plod to take more than a passing interest so I try to remove it afterwards.

The trouble is that the glue is probably the same stuff that they use to stick the heat protecting tiles onto the outside of the Space Shuttle and they are really hard to remove. A few years ago the problem was solved when my windscreen got smashed and had to be replaced.

Since then each year I laminate my windscreen sticker and then sellotape it onto the windscreen so that it can be removed as I drive away from Glasto. It then goes into my souvenier file.

i had mine on til about 5 days ago..... i can still put it back on though, i discovered i have such small hands i can slip it on and off. had it on for 9 months though! haha. x

mines still on but my number has worn off so i just have a blank white square where my registration number was, my g/f slipped hers off and wants me to take mine off as she says its a health hazard but iv decided to leave it on till after Glastonbury 2010 when every I'm having a bad day i look at my band and it makes me smile and its cheaper than therapy ;)

Still have my 08's from Glasto and End of the Road Fest on (although EotR is about to fall off because the plastic's cracked...) and since I just slipped my previous ones off rather than cutting them they'll all be going back on this year for my 5th Glasto anniversary ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Mine came off on Thursday as I have an MRI and they wont allow it in.

So I took it off there and then.

However I have lost a significant bit of weight and it will go back on.

So once that is out the way, it will stay.

It keeps me sane and reminds me when ever I look at it at work that I work to live and not live to work.

Nothing posy about it.

I cannot bare wearing wristbands for more than bout a week after a festival, normally slip my ver my wrist theday im leaving. I find it slightly annoying that there are people at my uni who still have Glasto wristbands on from 2000, i lost mine shortly afterwards so i may steal one.....