Glastonbury Wristband.

Guest Conrax

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a recent mega cull after our last fest (End of the Road) ;)

Besides Glasto, I had Workhouse, Camp Bestival, WOMAD, Big Chill, Beautiful Days, Rhythm Festival, End of the Road bands (most cloth but 3 were plastic). Paper ones from 3 other festivals (Bearded Theory, Small World, Small Nations), and 2 backstage paper ones for Glastonbury this year (Avalon and JazzWorld) didn't/couldn't last either -- all the paper ones were removed earlier. In addition, until September, I still had Solfest bands from 2006 and 2007, and a rather manky Glastonbury 2005 one -- all cloth.

I couldn't bear though to lose Glastonbury 2007 (cool black design) and Glastonbury 2008 (crew) (cool green design). So those have stayed, with trimmed tails.

People think it's unhygienic to have retained all these cloth bands, but fukkem, I have a hot bath every day ....

Edited by William of Walworth

Mine's still firmly in place and shall be staying there until next year's fest at least, when all of mine are going back on in a fifth anniversary mini-celebration! It still makes me smile every time I look down at it... Mine usually slip off a couple of months or so after Glasto, but at the moment it's holding firm - must be a bit tighter this year (or it could be that I've tied it up and haven't been playing with it so much in a determined effort for it to stay on! ;) )

I still have my End of the Road fest band on too, even though the plastic digs in a little on occasion. I'm not so sure that one will make it to next year's fest, but it's also got too many good memories attached to it for me to take it off yet.

Two such great festivals this summer!

Still got my 08 band on but despite showering every day it's starting to smell a bit like an open tin of copy-dex in a tramps pocket :O Wish I'd kept them all though, 40 odd festivals and counting and I'd love to still have the early Reading ones, from the days when it was a good fest :angry: