Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

My top 5 bands were:

1. Madness

2. The killers

3. Prodigy

4. Gaslight Anthem

5. Duff's Loaded

Thought Juliette Lewis, Limp Bizkit and Marilyn were all disappointing. Marilyn in particular.

Other great things were the free jagermeister ponchos, those 3 euro bags with a line-up (would have cost at least £10 at reading) and the doner kebabs. Oh and all the friendly locals who kept lending us hammers and stuff to help with our tents.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5 bands were:

1. Madness

2. The killers

3. Prodigy

4. Gaslight Anthem

5. Duff's Loaded

Thought Juliette Lewis, Limp Bizkit and Marilyn were all disappointing. Marilyn in particular.

Other great things were the free jagermeister ponchos, those 3 euro bags with a line-up (would have cost at least £10 at reading) and the doner kebabs. Oh and all the friendly locals who kept lending us hammers and stuff to help with our tents.

My top 5 were.....

1. Prodigy

2. Slipknot

3. Gaslight Anthem

4. Dragonforce (for the comedy value)

5. Staind

but special mention has to go to basement jaxx and razorlight who really surprised me. Didnt think i was gunna like em but ended up dancing around like a crazy guy!

Hopefully will be gong back next year although the travelling back with a monster hangover was really really bad!

hopefully the weather might be abit better too! :D

Went to RIP and really enjoyed myself , so much more relaxed then Oxegen and the atmosphere was pretty good. The only thing i thought was when i was singing along to some of the bands i kinda got these weird looks as if saying "Why are you singing" but apart from that it was pretty good fest. The main band that kinda dissapointed me was Shinedown , i was really looking forward to seeing them all weekend but i think they talked to much and didnt play enough songs(although i do like when bands talk to the crowds but they did to much) and the atmosphere wasnt that great for them. I got bored with Trivium and Dragonforce.

Top bands

Limp Bizkit

Slipknot (there stage show was very good)

Buckcherry

Fightstar

Black Stone Cherry

All American Rejects

PaPa Roach

KSE

Manson

Korn

Hardcore Superstar

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/F...%20Park%202009/

Just arrived back in the UK today after RAR and a little tour of Amsterdam.

First time at RAR and i've gotta say it was an absolute belter, took us a little while some space to camp, ended up in D9, Campsite was top fun, didn't see any bother at all and everyone was pretty friendly, even got into playing 'flunky ball' with some young / mad Germans.

Its pretty cool that you can 'anything' you want into the campsite, seen folk with Generators, Fridges, huges Hi-Fis ect ... even managed to drive our van down to our tents on the monday to load up.

The festival itself was cool as well, tbh i preffer going to a festival in the feilds / woods but the concrete / tarmac was actually a bonus after p*ssed down on sat & sun.

Didn't know many of the foreign bands in the line up, but some were pretty good ... i'll be looking into some more tunes from VolBeat.

The good thing about some smaller UK acts being there is that they don't have as big a following in Germany, managed to get pretty much right to the front to see Biffy Clyro and the Gallows in the Coca-Cola tent - that would be possible in the uk !!

Top 5 bands (we'll say 6 tho) ...

Biffy Clyro

Gallows

Madness

Placebo

Slipknot

Prodigy

All in all it was well worth the journey over, as much as i'd like to i can't see me going over again tho, well, not unless i got a massive payrise !!

Rock-am-Ring

;)

Well its taken me a few days to recover but it was a blast went to see about 4 bands a day and my highlights where Madness, Alexisonfire, Billy Talent and The Prodigy - others but too pissed to remember. At the end of the day it was all good met some fine people and had a great a great time.

Sorry it' taken so long to get back on here, but first chance i've had yet :P

Just a quick note to say cheers all for the info and help it really was spoton and helped out heaps.

Noodles,Jimbot and Squig, was great to meet you all (and any others i don't seem to remember!)

Top 5 for me was definately the saturday night trio of Machine Head-Prodigy-Slipknot, and friday's KSE and Basement Jaxx. (although not impressed by KSE's sound, was dog's breakfast unfortunately).

Cheers again, and hopefully see you in another couple of years :)

Cheers

Dan

Sorry it' taken so long to get back on here, but first chance i've had yet :lol:

Just a quick note to say cheers all for the info and help it really was spoton and helped out heaps.

Noodles,Jimbot and Squig, was great to meet you all (and any others i don't seem to remember!)

Top 5 for me was definately the saturday night trio of Machine Head-Prodigy-Slipknot, and friday's KSE and Basement Jaxx. (although not impressed by KSE's sound, was dog's breakfast unfortunately).

Cheers again, and hopefully see you in another couple of years :D

Cheers

Dan

all in all a totally awesome experience. my missus is sick of me talking about it!

will defo be back next year, specially as its the 25th anniversary. rock on!

might even manage to meet up with squig and the crew in the party tent next time rather than spending most of my time slumped over the bar in the coca-cola tent!

hope to see you all next year anyway!