Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a similar situation, I'm coming from Ireland, my mate can't go because he lost his job, but I had already booked my flight and my ticket. I'm hoping to make some new friends myself! I was at a festival before on my own (kind of, I went to oxegen last year and the girl I was with at the time had to go home after the first night, but I stayed and ended up having a great time). You'll never be lonely at a music festival! ;-)

I'm sure The Killers would give them a run for their money, at least Placebo can rock a bit.

We are two Irish guys getting into Hahn on Friday at 12.00, will need to make a mad dash to RAR, how long will it take?? Taxi best option?? How much?? Anybody else in the same predicament and would like to share a taxi??

Friday seems to have the best lineup by far so don't wanna miss a thing. Might sleep all day Sunday the way things are shaping up (actually have considered arrivin on the Thurs and goin home on Sunday!!)Mighty forum by the way, word up to everybody involved.

Placebo, the most bland band at the festival!

I'm sure The Killers would give them a run for their money, at least Placebo can rock a bit.

We are two Irish guys getting into Hahn on Friday at 12.00, will need to make a mad dash to RAR, how long will it take?? Taxi best option?? How much?? Anybody else in the same predicament and would like to share a taxi??

Friday seems to have the best lineup by far so don't wanna miss a thing. Might sleep all day Sunday the way things are shaping up (actually have considered arrivin on the Thurs and goin home on Sunday!!)Mighty forum by the way, word up to everybody involved.

flyin out the thursday i think due to some of the lads being in work n what not so undoubtedly ill be camping at the bottom of the hill again...it aint that bad i suppose.

dont hesitate to come meet up r whatever although if u are at the top of the hill i wouldnt advise it.ha

Edited by peterjames

I am going via holland. At this rate squig im not even sure if i am collecting dave, or if he will make his own way there. Its all abit uncertain atm, i am looking for work, and i want to arrive monday night/early am Tuesday, prehaps get the 10Pm, arriving in dunkerque at 1am tuesday morning, then flat out i will hit the ring at 05:30-06:00 Tuesday.

Looking at maps the way i go is I enter .nl near Geleen, go via Heerlen, and exit near Bocholtz

All of it is on A76 (E314 euro route)

Edited by JoshBosh

flyin out the thursday i think due to some of the lads being in work n what not so undoubtedly ill be camping at the bottom of the hill again...it aint that bad i suppose.

dont hesitate to come meet up r whatever although if u are at the top of the hill i wouldnt advise it.ha

Edited by jimbot272

I am going via holland. At this rate squig im not even sure if i am collecting dave, or if he will make his own way there. Its all abit uncertain atm, i am looking for work, and i want to arrive monday night/early am Tuesday, prehaps get the 10Pm, arriving in dunkerque at 1am tuesday morning, then flat out i will hit the ring at 05:30-06:00 Tuesday.

Looking at maps the way i go is I enter .nl near Geleen, go via Heerlen, and exit near Bocholtz

All of it is on A76 (E314 euro route)

What kind of van are they talking about?

But that makes totally sense of course... If I get my mom's car the thing solved itself, anyways, then all I need is people who actually wanna go in the car with me :-)

If not I'll have to be creative :-/

Ian (SKully): dnrussell[at]aol[dot]com

Steve (Avnon): Avezion[at]hotmail[dot]co.uk

Aaron (Azzabaijan) ajlenehan[at]hotmail[dot]com

peter (peterjames) coonmonster747[at]hotmail[dot]com

moistvelvet[at]googlemail.com (we have a group of about 7 this year)

Edited as suggested by JoshBosh below, cheers didn't think of that ;)

Edited by moistvelvet

thats any van, even opel astra size! so long as its under 2.5m tall, then it goes up another amount. Its because they are classed as commercial vehicles, so they charge more.

In responce to those posting e-mail addy's in here, i would replace the @ with [at] and the dot with [dot] just so your inbox does not get flooded with spam ;)

NEED WORK SOO BADLY!