Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, another quickie if anyone has time... :lol:

RE: the shuttle bus from Koblenz to the ring;

We're arriving in Koblenz on the friday around 3pm, and then heading to where we're staying near the ring. Just need to know if the shuttle is just for people, or for people and gear as well? ie: will the bus take people with camping gear and/or luggage to the ring?

Cheers again

Dan

Hey all, another quickie if anyone has time... :lol:

RE: the shuttle bus from Koblenz to the ring;

We're arriving in Koblenz on the friday around 3pm, and then heading to where we're staying near the ring. Just need to know if the shuttle is just for people, or for people and gear as well? ie: will the bus take people with camping gear and/or luggage to the ring?

Cheers again

Dan

Hi guys,

New to the forum and to Rock AM here :P shall be my 1st year this year :D

I'm just interested to know if there's a dedicated UK forum for RAR? I'd like to meet a few people online to camp with, as I don't speak ANY German and I'm a lil nervouse about going lol.

- It's prob me being stupid tbh, I was the same before I went to Download 06' alone (it was my 1st fest) but this seems a bigger deal as its in Germany lol.

Ian / SK

Well quite a few of us are Brits on here, but the German's are usually more than willing to speak english. Its not easy finding people to camp with unless you take the same flight/train etc. I mean 2007 & 8 the people with me arrived at differant times, it took me about 2 hours to find the two guys i was camping with in 2007, and we all fell asleep waiting for a guy in 2008, he finally found us :lol:

You will have problems trying to take a tent into some places tho (they fill up fast!), so if you are wanting to camp with someone who is arriving earlier, it might be an idea to try and give them your tent.

Print off a map of the camp grounds, keep phone contact (MAKE SURE ROAMING IS ENABLED BEFORE YOU FLY), and you should find each other alright!

Edited by JoshBosh

theres a forum on rockamring.net with people from uk and ireland, but posts are not that regular. some people on teh forum usually arrange to meet up every year so that may be a good bet.

i wouldnt worry about not speaking german. most people you talk to speak english and i can almost guarantee you'll become quite friendly with the people camping around you as they always seem to eager to meet new people.

I'm sure I could use that formula - replace the larger with some Jack n Jager tho :lol:

I'm taking a flight into the nearest airport then taking the shuttle, if anyone else is flighting in let me know and I'll flight with them :lol: - its only costing me £60 on the plain! yay!

I'm also a music journalist so if it helps I may be able to get some back to meet Placebo :P

Email: Ian@scorpio-promotions.com

MSN: dnrussell@aol.com