Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought my tickets now. Why, oh why did Britain reject the Euro? <_<

The line up is ok (looking forward to seeing Placebo and Slipknot) but even if it doesn't get much better I love the people and the crazy German campers so much that I'd much rather be at RAR than an equivalent English fest.

Roll on June!

Edited by lenore

I think I'm going to be able to go again. My brother was going to have his wedding on the 6th June, but I found out today that he's going to have it 2 weeks later. :O I had my deposit down for Glasto, but I'm going to cancel that and save it for a Rock Am Ring ticket.

The line up looks alright at the moment, hopefully the next few announcements will have a few more decent acts.

Flunkyball is a German drinking game played at Festivals. If you look at youtube for it you will see a few games, but it is easiest learned by playing.

Dunno about the announcement. Would expect one, but no one knows or sure.

Because people going to RaR have class and only need one thread whereas people going to Beni don't? ;-)

Edited by Squig

Flunkyball is a German drinking game played at Festivals. If you look at youtube for it you will see a few games, but it is easiest learned by playing.

Dunno about the announcement. Would expect one, but no one knows or sure.

Because people going to RaR have class and only need one thread whereas people going to Beni don't? ;-)

UK Go-ers

Did anyone use Argon-Direct last year?(http://www.argon-direct.com/affiliates/ticketline/itemdetl.php?itemcode=12)

They provide a coach to Germany, ferry transfer, ticket and either drop you off at the campsite or take you to a hotel.

344 quid from Glasgow for the camping option, but seems pretty good as your weight wont be restricted like when you fly and you can bring booze and some decent camping stuff as you'll only be carrying it to wherever you decide to pitch up from the bus...

Just wondered if anyone used the company before and if it was any good?

UK Go-ers

Did anyone use Argon-Direct last year?(http://www.argon-direct.com/affiliates/ticketline/itemdetl.php?itemcode=12)

They provide a coach to Germany, ferry transfer, ticket and either drop you off at the campsite or take you to a hotel.

344 quid from Glasgow for the camping option, but seems pretty good as your weight wont be restricted like when you fly and you can bring booze and some decent camping stuff as you'll only be carrying it to wherever you decide to pitch up from the bus...

Just wondered if anyone used the company before and if it was any good?

Edited by kappa99

I used them in 2005, it was decent, but you need to make your own way from Victoria coach station to a nearby street to get the argon bus. ALl in it was 24 hours there, 24 hours back in a bus. It was a good laugh and me and my mates have made friends for life, but we'v used easier ways since.

Last year was Ryanair- Prestwick to Frankfurt Hahn, and we got a taxi (booked in advance online) that took us direct to the campsite. The same taxi took us back to Hahn, and we flew home that evening.

Our costs were: £100 festival ticket

£70 Ryanair return (which included £26 to put a case in the hold)

£40 taxi fare each.

So £210, which could be £184. With Ryanair you can use one of those "small cases" as hand luggage if your a compact travel. Or indeed, have that plus £26 for your cases, we found we got a tent each, all our clothes, plus loads of booze (topped up daily at the Warehouse in the nearby villiage, its really cheap for alcohol, you potentially could go there without any booze and just buy daily)

Timewise, I got the 5:45 train from Johnstone to Prestwick, and I was onsite in Nurburg for 130am local, 1230 UK, so under 7 hours, most of which was spent in a roomy taxi, or an airport bar, as opposed to 24 hours on a coach, arriving shattered, and facing another 24hours on the return leg home.

In all honesty, I wouldnt recommend the 24 hours each way on the bus. Its particularly bad on the way home. Plus its MUCH cheaper to fly. One thing I have noticed though is theres no monday flight on the ryanair website, which isnt too hot!

If luggage hauling is your main worry, youl find the travel times much more of a pain. I took a backpack for the hold and the hand luggage style case in the plane with me, I had my tent, more than enough clothes, toiletries, and a couple of litres of vodka, which we topped up in the big warehouse (I think its near the D area, which is where the argon bus drops you, incidentally)

Just checked flights from ryanair, need to go on the tuesday 2nd, no flights on wed this year and depart on the tuesday 8th as well.

I suggest going to frankfurt for the night on monday. We got the shuttle bus to Koblenz then a train to Frankfurt Central on the Monday. We booked into a hostel that was literally about 30 seconds from the train station. Just your average kinda hostel, pretty and there was a lot of scots in particular staying there and getting the flight we got home on the wed after the festival. Good laugh anyway so you should keep that in mind for a place to stay on the monday. Plus theres a bus that leaves right from the train station that takes you directly to frankfurt hahn, think it was about 11E or summit and took just over an hour.

In regards to luggage, killer dude! my boyfriends bag was the one that was 4kg over koz he had the tent and the double mattress air bed innit. As i'm the girl i managed to use my whole bag for clothes! i doubt i'll get away with that this year tho!

I haven't heard anything about a date. My personal expectation would be at the end of next week at the earliest.

I'm afraid there are no new rumours. Here are the current rumours http://www.ringrocker.com/lineup.php?op=sh...u=43&cat=23

At least some of these will be included in the next announcement but remember these are rumours and no pre confirmations. Some of the users of ringrocker tend to think these are all bands that will be confirmed for sure. This is not the case and it would take the whole fun out of guessing. :blink:

Damn, these pinkish colours of the new efestival surely need some getting used to.