Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not too impressed. I fear the Killers and Slipknot will headline. A few good German bands (Tomte, Kettcar, Polarkreis 18, Peter Fox (!), the Killians) , but not too many good int. bands (Slipknot is not too much of my liking but ok I guess, Vollbeat is nice, Peter Björn and John okay. The rest is rubbish to utter rubbish.

I'll go anyways, but I hope for better bands over the next months.

And please please please don't let the killers headline.

Or actually, yes, let them headline so I don't have to go the main stage at all.

SHIT. The way they present them at Rock am Ring.de it seems like the killers, Placebo and Slipknot will headline. Worst Case Scenario :-(

Edited by Squig

well, as you said if they headline the main stage, at least i wont have to try and fight my way to the front as i don't care for them. I prefer the alternative stage anyhow, i could stay there all day, loads of food, ample places to drink, no fighting to get to the front.....

Pinkpop: Depeche Mode confirmed, Pearl Jam and the Killers rumoured (The killers are bigger in NL than in D though, so they would headline for sure).

And Rock Werchter, Roskilde and Hurricane, of course... Just a pitty for the camping ground, that was always ace at RaR.

Blimey they are not going to shift many tickets with that announcement...

As Createur says:

They release bands, when there is green light from the agents. It depends.

As you can see in whole festival-europe, "real" headliners haven't been announced yet for any big festival apart from Depeche Mode.

Look at Rock Werchter, Roskilde, Download...

Delighted!Il be going back to Germany again!!

Killers, Slipknot, Kooks, Trivium and KSE, all I hope for now is Enter SHikari and Limp Bizkit.

I think the global recession and the fear of not selling out means there isnt the budget for people who command massive fees, like GnR....

Well I'm at hoping they can afford at least a couple of big budget bands. The bigger the band the more tickets sold surely?

These are still on the rumours list:

B

Black Stone Cherry

C

Creed

G

Guns N Roses

I

Ich bin bunt

K

Kings Of Leon

M

Machine Head

Moetley Cruee

N

Nickelback

P

Pearl Jam

S

Shinedown

T

The Rasmus

As I said, he's one of the guys behind ringrocker.com, I am by no means affiliated with him. However, PJ and GnR are still part of the official rumours over there, which means that the organizers are talking to them or they announced that they want to play festivals in Europe at that time.

@ Alex: Well, they can also shoot themselves in the foot with that policy in the long run, look at Glastonbury last year.

Edited by Squig

To me pretty much all of the announced and rumored bands are for the Alternstage. With the next announcement I expect more groups for the central stage. I wish to see some real headliners. By now only Slipknot are in the "headliner category". I hope for something better in the next month or so.

Patience :lol: