Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? i was just stating the fact that i've seen a couple of sites saying lineup wont be till jan-feb, not saying its gospel truth just repeating what ive read. Also the pearlajm thing was on the ringrocker lineup forums, APPARENTLY the first band to self confirm. Not saying its 100% true im just repeating what ive read.

As I said, they are kidding. They can't possibly predict that, and if they could, they wouldn't, as they do get lots of informations from the organizers personally but don't üut them on the web immediatly (as they wouldn't get any more informations than).

Pearl Jam are definitely not confirmed. The "rumour" itself stems from a statement by Andre Lieberberg, one of the organisers, right after RaR 08, that he had heard Pearl MIGHT be touring in 09 and that he would like to have them in case they're available. Right now there are no signs Pearl will really be touring in Europe in 09 so Pearl Jam don't even qualify as a rumour.

Coldplay seem to prefer playing arenas or stadiums as well.

There are curently absolutely no real rumours for headlining bands whatsoever. So far every arena sized band with definite touring plans for 09 preferred playing their own stadium or arena shows.

This is the list of rumours according to Ringrocker:

Guns N Roses

Ich bin bunt

Kings Of Leon

Moetley Cruee

Nickelback

Placebo

Shinedown

Slipknot

The Killers

Volbeat

Coldplay aren't on there any more but Nickelback are. Surely that can't be right? f**king Nickelback?

Placebo won't headline Pinkpop (play before Depeche Mode), but that doesn't mean they won't headline RaR. I'd say they aren't big enough, but it really seems like nothing big is available so maybe they'll have to do. Would suck.

Nickleback should be 3rd from top at the main stage. Can't see them play any other spot.

Blur are a bit unlikely. They are/were by far not as massive in Germany compared to England, so they wouldn't be more than Alternahead me thinks (think of the verve last year, even though they are slightly bigger than them). They wouldn't want to play a gig that small vefore the big thing at Glasto, would they?