Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt find where it says Guns N Roses and ACDC are rumours on Ringrocker.....tho i did find this on there http://www.ringrocker.com/lineup.php?op=sh...u=43&cat=23

which seems to think The Killers & Kings Of Leon are playing....hopefully not headlining anyway. So i hope ur right and theyre not as big in Germany as they are in England!

Ringrocker is also a forum (community > Forenübersicht), where they have a rumour section. You found the rumour section on the portal, which doesn't have all the bands out of the forums (Gerüchte is German for Rumours), but only the ones that are more likely. You can find a link to the forum also on the bottom of the Faq.

Ringrocker.com is in essence a fanpage. A semi-official very good fanpage, but a fanpage nevertheless. Official is only www.rock-am-ring.de

Edited by Squig

So are we gonna arrange a meet up like last time by the dance tent??!

and Squig- i have to visit you when everyone isn't hungover LOL on the friday morning i came over to your camp and sat down and everyone just went 'mmuurrgghh' and didn't talk so i left :lol:

and I have to try that German drink.... whats the name? like a strong spirit.

PARTY AT SQUIGS TENT!!!!

So are we gonna arrange a meet up like last time by the dance tent??!

and Squig- i have to visit you when everyone isn't hungover LOL on the friday morning i came over to your camp and sat down and everyone just went 'mmuurrgghh' and didn't talk so i left :lol:

and I have to try that German drink.... whats the name? like a strong spirit.

PARTY AT SQUIGS TENT!!!!

Na I think we were talking about Schierker Feuerstein (so Jägermeister wasn't that far off).

Korn is good, but not thaaat good. It is extra good at blending with sprite, so that's what I do. Shots gotta be Schierker all the way.

Agreed on the hangover part. Morning is never that good, but friday tends to be especially bad. After noon we sorta find to ourselves and party and drink and play flunkyball or combine the 3 (lol - a given). So I totally agree on the meet up part, dunno about when and where though, that's gonna evolve. Plus, I really don't wanna miss exams because of RaR (2 years in a row is quite enough).

okay so wats everyones predictions then....even though you say The Killers arent big enough to headline in Germany, i reckon they will be chosen as a headliner as they have headlined in pretty much every other country & because the organisers wud of tried and failed to get ACDC and being Metallica already played RaR last year theres not a lot other options for headliner.

Well anyway i think the big 3 will be:

Guns N Roses

The Killers

Rammstein

with other supporting acts being:

Kings Of Leon

Slipknot

Jane's Addiction(please please please)

Deftones

Motley Crue

Also a long shot for headliner which i wouldnt rule out.....is Eminem, tho i bloody hope not

okay so wats everyones predictions then....even though you say The Killers arent big enough to headline in Germany, i reckon they will be chosen as a headliner as they have headlined in pretty much every other country & because the organisers wud of tried and failed to get ACDC and being Metallica already played RaR last year theres not a lot other options for headliner.

Well anyway i think the big 3 will be:

Guns N Roses

The Killers

Rammstein

with other supporting acts being:

Kings Of Leon

Slipknot

Jane's Addiction(please please please)

Deftones

Motley Crue

Also a long shot for headliner which i wouldnt rule out.....is Eminem, tho i bloody hope not

Edited by alexmole

I really dunno.

The Killers don't even play in the biggest venues in Germany. Last summer they headlined Highfield which only has a capacity of 25 000. They are not big enough to headline Rock am Ring yet in Germany, because they can't ask as much money here as they do elsewhere and if they would they wouldn't be worth (ie not draw enough people). If they headline only because the other headliners are very expensive (AC DC ;-) ) or because there is nothing better on the market. Muse headlines festivals in the UK, at RaR 07 they were on late afternoon. Plus, the Killers did not play in 06.

AC DC seems unlikely and like wishful thinking. However, they have been on the wish list of MLK since forever, and the same goes with basically every AC DC fan. We may be lucky.

GnR seems like save bet so far.

Rammstein may play Hurricane again as in 05, they know the people organizing the festival quite well. They are on my extended rumour list, not more.

As Alex said, it's a good thing it is not predictable. That would take all the fun away. And there are always surprises in the line up I think.

I really dunno.

The Killers don't even play in the biggest venues in Germany. Last summer they headlined Highfield which only has a capacity of 25 000. They are not big enough to headline Rock am Ring yet in Germany, because they can't ask as much money here as they do elsewhere and if they would they wouldn't be worth (ie not draw enough people). If they headline only because the other headliners are very expensive (AC DC ;-) ) or because there is nothing better on the market. Muse headlines festivals in the UK, at RaR 07 they were on late afternoon. Plus, the Killers did not play in 06.

AC DC seems unlikely and like wishful thinking. However, they have been on the wish list of MLK since forever, and the same goes with basically every AC DC fan. We may be lucky.

GnR seems like save bet so far.

Rammstein may play Hurricane again as in 05, they know the people organizing the festival quite well. They are on my extended rumour list, not more.

As Alex said, it's a good thing it is not predictable. That would take all the fun away. And there are always surprises in the line up I think.