When does the pre sale stop?

Guest ThomThomDrum

You have until March 31st 2009 to register, and the tickets are on sale until for a week according to many reports!

"Please note registration will be temporarily suspended for consolidation before and during the main ticket sales periods: from 5pm 4th October to 9am 6th October 2008, and again from 5pm 31st March to 9am 6th April 2009." (concerning registration)

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/info...kets_go_on_sale?

I don't think that there is any 'official' answer on sales TBH, "until the allocation is sold" and "for one week" have both appeared in various news reports recently. If you definitely want to buy then I would suggest doing so by this weekend just in case because April is looooong way away and there will no doubt be line-up announcements various in the meantime. Registration will be available continuously now (apart from a few days around the next planed sale date in April), it's just the ability to purchase tix almost immediately that will probably come to end sometime soon(ish) I expect.

Edited by mikeb

Well ... they're still on sale and showing on the See Home Page so the "on sale for a week" quote was either complete rubbish or someone at GFL just being a tad optimistic that whatever the allocation actually is, they would all sell in a week ! The news report on the Official Site (originally released on 6th October) has been sneakily modified today but I can't actually see any new information as such, just a bit of re-wording here and there that's all. The relevant bit still seems to be:

There are still some advance tickets available but they’re selling well. After this first round of sales, the remainder of tickets will be offered on the 5th April 2009.

Page last updated on 13/10/2008 09:47:16

latest word on what Glasto is doing with the ticket sale is .... they're going to suck it and see.

They are fully committed to keeping a number of tickets back for a sale in April.

The current sale of tickets as yet doesn't have an end-date. Currently, a number of tickets are being sold each day, and over half* have been sold. If/when tickets stop being bought it's likely that they'll be taken off-sale with whatever number of tickets are left being held back for the sale in April.

(* I'm not clear on whether this "half" is half of all available tickets or only half of whatever number of tickets they made available from 5th Oct).

So if you want to take advantage of the current sale, the eFestivals advice is that you don't hang about.

So one can still register and buy tickets today Oct 20th over 2 weeks after the inital sale..............Well if I hear anyone complaining in April that they could not get a ticket and that they are pissed off I will laugh at them! There is no excuse for people not having a ticket........If you put £50 down you only run the risk of loosing £10 if you change your mind between now and Feb..........

• 1 month later...

Just to give everyone an update on this, this is a quote from the glastonbury festival homepage i took this on the 29th of Nov 2008:

Advance Tickets for Glastonbury 2009

While over half of all of next year's Festival tickets have already been quickly snapped up since they went on sale of October 5th, advance tickets are still on sale. You can either book tickets, with a £50 deposit per ticket, or buy tickets outright at £175 each (plus booking fee). If you are buying a ticket outright you can also buy car parking or campervan tickets.

To buy online go to www.seetickets.com/g2009

The UK ticket sales line is 0844 412 4635

The International Ticket Sales line is 0044 1159 934 183

To buy tickets you need to have:

Registered.

The registration number, name and postcode of EACH person for whom you are buying a ticket.

Your debit card (credit card if overseas) - and sufficient available funds!

The delivery address.

So tickets are still very much on sale

Just to give everyone an update on this, this is a quote from the glastonbury festival homepage i took this on the 29th of Nov 2008:

While over half of all of next year's Festival tickets have already been quickly snapped up since they went on sale of October 5th, advance tickets are still on sale. You can either book tickets, with a £50 deposit per ticket, or buy tickets outright at £175 each (plus booking fee). If you are buying a ticket outright you can also buy car parking or campervan tickets.

Registered.

The registration number, name and postcode of EACH person for whom you are buying a ticket.

The delivery address.

• 3 weeks later...

Registered.

The delivery address.

Edited by pehaw