Tent raiders

Guest Derby_Dave

I always sleep in trousers with stuff like wallet and keys in my pocket. I have returned to my tent open once but there was nothing in there worth having, I think even the few cans of beer in there were still left. Like everyone says, its not worth worrying about, if you don't want to lose it don't take it is my opinion.

I tend to leave half my money & beer in the car when I arrive on Wednesday and return back to the car when I need some more, as well as to check my phone and pick up any spare clothes I need, usually sometime Friday or early Saturday

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is tent raiding still a major problem. Obviously you keep your money etc on your person at all times. Did any one have any problems with there tent being raided last year?

I learned the hard way in '93 when my wallet was removed from my tent with all my cards and money on the first night. I still would like to get hold of the tyke that did it lol.

• 1 month later...

Use the FREE 24 hr Lockups there are 15 scattered around the site, large, white marquees with a black keyhole logo. They are marked on the map by a keyhole. You can put anything in and get it out anytime 24hrs a day.

Don't spoil your festival by getting robbed, loads of people do every year.

I concur with everything said on here about sensible security measures. There's no need for anything fancy, I've use a money belt under my clothes at every festival and *touch wood* have never been robbed. The closest I got was last year at Leeds when I heard the tent zip go and me and my friend were already in bed, I called out and some guy said 'oh wrong tent sorry' then wandered off shouting for 'Jonno' :lol: Next morning a number of our neighbours had been robbed, but they had all been careless, one left £200 near the door of his tent ffs!

The lockups are a great idea, especially if you have stuff like extra cash, a spare phone, ID documents, travel tickets etc. No excuse not to use them really when they're free.

Thanks idontgetoutmuch you made my day. Yesterday I read that us lockup workers are the "dullest least bribable people"! about right but hurtful!

We tend to be the old CND/ Friends of the Earth /Peace groups and we are always glad to see you youngens having a good time and yes we really are happy to see you in the early hours of the morning as the night shift can be long and slow

Thanks idontgetoutmuch you made my day. Yesterday I read that us lockup workers are the "dullest least bribable people"! about right but hurtful!

We tend to be the old CND/ Friends of the Earth /Peace groups and we are always glad to see you youngens having a good time and yes we really are happy to see you in the early hours of the morning as the night shift can be long and slow