Super Bock Rock

Guest Uncle Liam

I think the main reason for the delay was found. According to the press, the owners of the place where Optimus Alive takes place have a project to build their headquarters there. This is a big deal because the owner is the Port Authority, meaning, they can do whatever they want.

However, it is yet to know if this is a big problem. If it is, I've been told they have at least two good alternatives right in the middle of Lisbon and another in its outskirts.

For know the only thing we can do is wait...

EDIT:

I forgot to say that the Festival will take place no matter what the outcome is!

EDIT2:

Tomorrow's press is saying one of Optimus Alive Headliners is Metallica. Slipknot also in the bill. And I suspect Lamb Of God and Mastodon (touring with Metallica) will be there too.

Edited by Pedro.M

I assume that Metallica will headline Thursday. In fact, the whole line-up mentioned so far is a tad heavy for my tastes :P - I was looking forward to something a bit more mellow :P - like they had on the Friday and the Saturday of last year!

This year the rolls inverted. The Heavy acts were always at Super Bock Super Rock while Alive kept a more alternative and diverse line up.

This year we have Super Bock Super Rock (Lisbon) betting on Alternative Rock (they have been trying for some time now but it was always a complete fail) and, I hope, Alive will switch to Heavy - but only one day.

What we have here is a massive promoter war with SBSR trying to steal bands from Alive. And this war is unbearable for both Festivals. In my point of view, having both festivals bet in the same type of bands/sound is clearly bad for business not only because they target the same audience but also because they are a week apart from each other!

Let's wait and see...

Update: Duffy added to Super Bock Super Rock Lisboa

duffy?! oh no. i think i liked the heavier options better. last years looked a nice mix. im still holding out for optimus alive then. i had wanted to do both last year. cause im a greedy girl.

its good that the names are now beginning to appear. i might just excuse the duffy appearance (sorry but she does annoy me) and go. lisbon is so nice too. although avoid bar copenhagen, it is not as it seems. stupidly i went in thinking it was the same as the irish bar but alas it was a dodgy strip club with dodgier looking hookers waiting outside! thankfully it was daytime and empty. i still got myself a wee beer though. just to be nice!

:lol: Mmmmm - Duffy and The Killers - LOL :D

I don't really see myself getting into that - but, then again, I also don't see myself megamoshing to a bunch of heavygrowlers in rubber masks! :lol: I'd love to return to Lisbon cos we had a great time there last year - so I guess I'm holding out for some great bands, etc., on the Friday & Saturday - and actually I don't mind waiting until the end of March, cos by then I might have saved up some dinero! :)

Today's news:

Thursday there's a press conference by Everything Is New (Alive promoter) and it is said they will unveil some of the acts, don't know if they will announce major acts or some small acts, activities, etc...

Stay tuned :)

:) Springsteen would be awesome! :) - but I guess that he is an absolutely massive act and I know that he's already booked up for dates until some time in August B)

So far we have:

Tickets:

1 day: 50€

3 days: 90€

Line Up:

July 9

Metallica

Slipknot

July 11

Dave Matthews Band

There's no more information. I guess other bands will announced very soon as well as the camping site and other festival activities.

Edited by Pedro.M