Fesitvals in the States

Guest burnageblue

I've been to south by south west the last two years and although not a standard festival and pretty expensive it is awesome. You get to see loads of new bands (and some established ones in very small venues) and get to hang out at day parties (often with free beer and food) and see Austin, which is a very cool city.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been to Coachella and although the line up is always good it is very organised. Every ticket gets a tiny little square to camp in. Also its ridiculously hot being out in the desert and there isnt much shade but I did have a great time. Also been to one called Bonnaroo in Tennesee which was a lot more laid back and the music went on later. There was more stuff going on around the site too.

Yeah I just found out that you can get a ticket to the states from sydney for around $1200. So I am going to America. That shit is now in concrete.

Now I need to figure out which festivals to go to. Coachella is a little bit early and isolated - I'm thinking of going for six weeks and hitting bonnaroo and lolla - went to lolla this year and it was fantastic - I fell in love with chicago right away. The lineup was great too - but the lack of camping is a real shame. I would book the hostel that I stayed in last time - which was fantastic!

So, my question is, what festivals are there between bonnaroo and lolla? I have quite a few people to visit in the states so I won't exactly be bored between then, but if I'm going I want to go and see gigs!

• 3 weeks later...