Breaking Bad (Warning, contains spoilers)

t8yman

Loved the wrap up. Was really well done. I wanted it to be longer but I'm selfish like that and I love epic viewing. The scene when he said goodbye to Holly crushed me. Most important scene in my eyes. So many of the themes where present in some form. I'm glad Walt died in the manner he did.

Only small thing that peeved me was that I wanted him to say something to Elliott and Gretchen about his contribution to the company and that they owed him.....

Happy for Jessie, would of liked to know what happens next for him. Guess we'll never know.

If the Saul Goodman show goes ahead you never know they may throw in a few moments that link it back to what happened in BB............Unless of course its set before BB............

Edit - Scratch that! Just read there that its a prequel

Edited by ThomThomDrum

nope, it was basically to cover up a continuity error. they shot the flashforward really early in the shoot schedule, and Walt can be seen without his watch, so when they shot the rest of the episodes, they had to have a plausible reason for Walts watch to be there one minute, and not the next!

but I'm sure many will come up with symbolic gubbins surrounding it. Gilligan talked about it on Talking Bad after the show.

Edited by t8yman

nope, it was basically to cover up a continuity error. they shot the flashforward really early in the shoot schedule, and Walt can be seen without his watch, so when they shot the rest of the episodes, they had to have a plausible reason for Walts watch to be there one minute, and not the next!

but I'm sure many will come up with symbolic gubbins surrounding it. Gilligan talked about it on Talking Bad after the show.

Haha. OK. Cheers.

I prefer their honesty as opposed to spinning some symbolic gubbins

Haha. OK. Cheers.

I prefer their honesty as opposed to spinning some symbolic gubbins

There's the cool artsy fartsy reason, then there's the practical reason. The cool artsy-fartsy reason we kinda made up, so I'm going to give you the real reason. We shot that teaser way back in episode 501, and we had Walt in the Dennys, making the 52 on his 52nd birthday. He was not wearing a watch. Then, later on, we came up with this fun moment where Jesse, on his 51st birthday, gives Walt that beautiful watch, and he has worn it ever since. And we thought to ourselves, uh-oh, we'd better get this right. Then the artsy-fartsy reason – hopefully you don't think it's too artsy-fartsy – I think he's been wearing it all this time, and he knows he's heading for the end game. He hangs up the phone, looks at his watch and remembers that his now arch nemesis, or one of his many arch nemeses, has given it to him, and he doesn't need it any more. So he takes it off and leaves it.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/sep/30/vince-gilligan-breaking-bad-finale-felina

Bit of both, but the 'artsy-fartsy' reason seems a bit tongue in cheek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Such an awesome day, did Hank and Marie's house, Better Call Saul, the car wash, walts house, the parking lot where Hank and the twins goes down, the nursing home where hector blows up gus, Lunch at Los Pollos, which is actually a Burrito joint called twisters, Jesse's house, Tuco's den, the street corner where combo gets shot, the Dog House, the laundry where the superlab is supposed to be, a drive out into the desert to try and find the first cook (failed on that one, the hire car wasn't up to it), Jesse and jane's double apartment, the crossroad motel where the meth whore works, and now I'm currently having a coffee in the birthday Denny's, sat in his seat.

Great way to explore Albuquerque as well. Been here before very briefly a couple of years ago, didn't have a chance to look around then, but its a really cool city.