Breaking Bad (Warning, contains spoilers)

t8yman

Thats a bit cold, Jesse has been pulled down, pulled into the shit. He doesn't want it, he's always been out of his depth, and when he finally piped up and came out with it in the desert, Walt didnt say what he needed to say, he just came across as a selfish monster. I'm not gonna get all bleeding heart, but when Jesse tried to clean himself up, his parents turned their back. He has always been on the lookout for a father figure, and Walt was that man. Unluckily for Jesse.

And there's not a lot Jesse could have done about the shooting of Drew Sharp, its not like Todd gave them any chance to stop it, and with Mike and Walt in on it, Jesse didn't have many options but to help them dispose of the body, or he was going to be disposed himself.

Jesse is a complex character, but i really don't think you have to go too far past the surface to realise that he's a good guy who's gone and got himself in a world of shit.

So good - just gets better.

I don't root for anyone since they all have demons and angels, but I think I sympathise more with Hank and Jessie than anyone else. Hank is a victim of duty and Jessie is a victim of circumstance. Walt is less sympathetic because he had more of a choice and had more ability to not only choose a different path but had multiple opportunities to retire from his destructive path but didn't. I feel Jessie has had far less control in his life than Walt and so I see him as a victim like everyone else Walt has hurt.

Walt's slimy confession tape was a stroke of moustache-twiddling conniving desperate genius.

Jessie and Hank deserve happiness but I feel no one is coming out of this in one piece. Everyone is getting burned, everyone is going to lose their soul. It's like each character has had their veneer stripped away by these events and they're all weakened - flaws exposed, like raw nerves, and almost every scene is painful now as a result; every scene is a car crash.

I talk about them like they are real. I fucking love this show.

Edited by Purple Monkey

So good - just gets better.

I don't root for anyone since they all have demons and angels, but I think I sympathise more with Hank and Jessie than anyone else. Hank is a victim of duty and Jessie is a victim of circumstance. Walt is less sympathetic because he had more of a choice and had more ability to not only choose a different path but had multiple opportunities to retire from his destructive path but didn't. I feel Jessie has had far less control in his life than Walt and so I see him as a victim like everyone else Walt has hurt.

They both deserve happiness but I feel no one is coming out of this in one piece.

I talk about them like they are real. I fucking love this show.

I think the vast majority of the audience sympathise with Hank and Jesse more than anyone else - which is the reason I think the writers will take away with one hand and give with the other. One will die, the other will survive. That's my thinking anyway. My money is on Hank to die (which will be tragic) and Jesse to have a happy ending.

I'll probably be totally wrong

I hope you are wrong. But I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach you're going to be right.

If any of them die its going to be tragic, including Walt. I think people are so used to knowing the hero and villain in TV shows that people are trying to figure out who to root for since there's no obvious good guy in this. They're all just desperate people caught in a current.

It might not be any of the main characters who die.

It could be Walt's children. It could be Jessie or Hank that are responsible for it directly or indirectly. All bets are off which is why it's so compelling. It'd be awful if they kill that baby and/or Flynn but I wouldn't put it past them as writers, since it would be HUGELY powerful at this stage.

I suspect that's why they're ending it. Something that takes you to a place so dark can't be good for you.

Fantastic episode but can't piece a certain part of the episode together..

I understand how Jesse worked out that Saul took the ricin but how does he know Walt posioned Brock?

Walt used the lily of the valley and not the ricin. If Walt had used the ricin then Brock would be dead.

Doesn't seem to add up. I am probably just missing something though as season 4 was a long time ago.

Anyone help clear this up? Discussed with a few friends and none of them seem to know either.

Edit: This has now been cleared up.

Can I get an idiot's guide on this as we watched last night and this bit lost me completely.

Ditto earlier in the series when Walt hid ricin in a plug socket at Jessie's? Unless I've misinterpreted that completely. I was crocheting at the time!

Edited by bunique

I was just watching the latest episode thinking I had another season to watch, as I thought all of season 5 was made in 2012.. Fuck sake :this: :this:. When does the next episode go onto netflix?

only 5 episodes left. But it feels as though they are going to end this at the perfect time. 5 series of genius. No flab.

It shows in the US on sunday evening so im guessing its on there by monday morning UK time, i get mine through slightly less legitimate means though.

Edited by Ed209

Hmm, have read back a few pages and have obviously missed something - Walt hid the ricin that was stolen off Jesse in his own house and then collected it in the flash forward? Have I got that right?! I've been avoiding this thread as have been watching BB from the start over the last few months and only just caught up

yup, that's right.

With the Jesse thing. I'm just assuming the fact that the weed was lifted from his pocket prompted him to think it was also them who lifted the ricin from his wallet. I might have missed something else as well though. He seemed to figure it all out from not much info

yup, that's right.

With the Jesse thing. I'm just assuming the fact that the weed was lifted from his pocket prompted him to think it was also them who lifted the ricin from his wallet. I might have missed something else as well though. He seemed to figure it all out from not much info

If you look very closely in this vid you can see Huell taking the cigarettes. Pretty cool, most people wouldn't realize it without watching it back!

Edited by Jackmypie

Hmm, have read back a few pages and have obviously missed something - Walt hid the ricin that was stolen off Jesse in his own house and then collected it in the flash forward? Have I got that right?! I've been avoiding this thread as have been watching BB from the start over the last few months and only just caught up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9496wqFKvE

EDIT: Why can't I ever embed videos anymore?

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Reading up on meth, as you do.. surprised to see it is relatively uncommon here. The drug of choice in the UK seems to be Coke, ket and MDMA. Well they're the ones that I always get offered at festivals. :P

I reckon Heisenberg would make a bomb over here, virtually no competition. He wouldn't have those pesky Mexicans to worry about too!