Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved the festival, we were walking to the festival during the fire and the policing was comical :unsure:

what did i do that i wouldnt do again?

i drove - and i had a car problem as i was about to return, castellon peugeot looked at my car like it was a unicorn and they had never seen one, and my insurance company put me up in a hotel in castellon for 2 nights gratis, which was fine, but castellon aint got anything worth seeing in walking distance, i beg anyone thinking of driving to reconsider, its a killer of a drive, i drove from castellon to paris to spend a couple of days there and there is no joy turning on your satnav and seeing your going to have to drive the clock round, also in an unairconditioned car, until about 5pm you will boil, there aint much scenery and can be summed up thus

Northern France - Wind Turbines

Southern France - Few Hills

anyone wanting toll info,

from Calais to Benicassim its about 100 Euros

Petrol is also very expensive in France - fill up at both borders

----

there is NOWHERE nice to eat, its all cack, benicassim reminds me of Cleethorpes and its all expensive with pieces of indistinguishable meat, also their a bunch of cowboys, they will bring you bread and charge it per person, i saw a group of 7 girls complaining at a 14euro add on for a piece of bread each, and i saw one lad pay 5 euros for a cold bottle of water (that was 0.25 cents in the supermarket in castellon) - stay self catering, it would be a lot easier,

----

Has my thread on Danesfib and the problems I had been removed????

Sounds like I had a nasty escape and lucky to get a full refund and a new apartment from another agency before arriving in Benicassim. So sorry to hear of the hassle folk had - sounds horrific.

Will post some info on facebook group soon but if you see where my thread has gone to, let me know please???

Cheers

there is NOWHERE nice to eat, its all cack, benicassim reminds me of Cleethorpes and its all expensive with pieces of indistinguishable meat, also their a bunch of cowboys, they will bring you bread and charge it per person, i saw a group of 7 girls complaining at a 14euro add on for a piece of bread each, and i saw one lad pay 5 euros for a cold bottle of water (that was 0.25 cents in the supermarket in castellon) - stay self catering, it would be a lot easier,

----

Edited by CmdrGravy

This was the most badly organised thing I've ever seen, but it all added to the fun of it. I've never laughed so much in my life!

We braved the storm, both little tents holding up, until my boyfriend got up to "fix" our tent & fell on our mates, snapping both poles! More laughter! After half an hours sleep we got up & packed our stuff away & managed to find a hotel in Oropesa.

The thing I was most p*ssed off about was the food, it was apalling everywhere & so over priced. If I went back it would be to a self catering apartment. Why the hell does everything come with an egg? I can't tell you how much I hate eggs!

Has my thread on Danesfib and the problems I had been removed????

Sounds like I had a nasty escape and lucky to get a full refund and a new apartment from another agency before arriving in Benicassim. So sorry to hear of the hassle folk had - sounds horrific.

Will post some info on facebook group soon but if you see where my thread has gone to, let me know please???

Cheers

Cheers, just logged on for a wee nosey and the thread is back up but won't be long until it's removed again. The language in some latest posts is appalling and from staff at danesfib by the looks of things. I sure had a lucky escape from them!!!!

i loved the festival, we were walking to the festival during the fire and the policing was comical B)

what did i do that i wouldnt do again?

i drove - and i had a car problem as i was about to return, castellon peugeot looked at my car like it was a unicorn and they had never seen one, and my insurance company put me up in a hotel in castellon for 2 nights gratis, which was fine, but castellon aint got anything worth seeing in walking distance, i beg anyone thinking of driving to reconsider, its a killer of a drive, i drove from castellon to paris to spend a couple of days there and there is no joy turning on your satnav and seeing your going to have to drive the clock round, also in an unairconditioned car, until about 5pm you will boil, there aint much scenery and can be summed up thus

Northern France - Wind Turbines

Southern France - Few Hills

anyone wanting toll info,

from Calais to Benicassim its about 100 Euros

Petrol is also very expensive in France - fill up at both borders

----

----

Edited by RhysW