Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know which of the Ryanair Barca destinations (Barcelona-Girona or Barcelona-Reus) is the closer to Benicassim?

We're flying straight into Barcelona with easyjet prior to the festival but will need to head straight for one of those airports on the way back.

Thanks in advance.

I have only camped in Bonet (Benicamp) and I was camped right beside a path, the very last tent before the bar, so some of this advice might not apply to everyone (I will put a * at those bits, because they are things probably caused by being near the path) -

1) The showers are FREEZING. This suits a lot of people but if you are like me and get a splitting headache from cold water you may have to wash one limb at a time as opposed to standing under it the whole time.

There are 2 types of shower - the ones in concrete buildings (these are definitely freezing and have cubicle doors) and ones in temporary huts (these do not have doors). The queues are shorter for the ones without doors, but still quite long. My boyfriend SWEARS these showers have warm water but I can't confirm this as I never used them and I have never heard anyone else say it. If you are going to use these showers though I would definitely have some sort of waterproof shoe (not sandal) to wear. These ones are like showers in a house, they have a shower tray part you stand in. SOMEHOW they get completely blocked up and while showering you will be standing in a pool of scummy soapy water full of hair, dirty plasters, probably even used tampons (yum yum).

2) If you are planning on washing your clothes, be prepared for sinks that are blocked and full of scummy soapy water/hair/dirty plasters/used tampons. If you get them cleaned and hang them up to dry, they will be manky by the time they are dry*. Try not to get your towel(s) too wet, if they aren't too wet you can just keep them in your tent. Hang them up to dry and expect to never want to use them again (dirty dirty).

3) Once you have managed to get yourself and maybe your clothes clean, get ready to rub on some suncream. As you do though you will be rubbing it into all the dusty dirt that has somehow covered your body in the last 3 minutes. This feels grotty.

4) Your tent will get pure minging, like a manky lorry you can write messages on*. Try not to bump into it, or you too will be manky.

Other than the things above camping is pretty amazing. It probably isn't even that dirty away from a main path. This year I plan on going to CampFIB because I think their showers look more hygienic. I didn't make this post just to complain about camping, I have camped before and I will be camping again, it is just that these are the worst things about it so be prepared for them :rolleyes:

Does anyone know which of the Ryanair Barca destinations (Barcelona-Girona or Barcelona-Reus) is the closer to Benicassim?

We're flying straight into Barcelona with easyjet prior to the festival but will need to head straight for one of those airports on the way back.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by staggerlee

Hi, I think I've finally sorted out how to get there, where to stay ect.......problem is booking and paying for it all now!

I was thinking of booking flights now and paying the deposit for the hotel, then either end of Feb or March, get tickets - only thing is they were banging on about it on Radio 1 last night, and I was thinking about tickets selling out........does this usually happen? If so, when? I don't want to miss out but it there's a chance of it selling out before the end of March then I don't mind going round begging for money to get a ticket!

Plus I guess flights and hotels will go up/sell out so thought it best to get those first, and hire the car last.

Thanks!

Thanks - that's what I thought! It's a case of keeping my ear to the ground and getting a ticket as soon as I hear they're getting low, I'd rather wait till I have the money than borow it or get it on credit card, but I'm not going to risk missing out !!

Heading for Benicassim this year, but want to avoid the hassle of trekking from the airport to the train station with all your kit? Then check out our new website at www.eufest.com/beni. We arrange airport transfers from airports like Barcelona (£26 each way), Girona £32 (each way) and Reus (£19 each way) direct to Benicassim, dropping you off right outside the festival site. And we'll pick you up afterwards and drop you back at the airport in plenty of time to catch your flight.

Doesn't that sound a bit more like it? Check out the site for details of all our transfers, or just drop us a line on beni@eufest.com if you've got any questions.

Derm :O

Hi

Decided to go again this year (line up already looking awesome!) and planning to fly into Reus on the Wednesday and drive a hire car down to Beni.

Obviously with arriving on Weds, the plan is to camp in CampFib - does anyone know the parking situation? I assume you can park near the arena?

Also, our return flight departs Reus on Monday lunchtime - has anyone had any experience of trying to leave in a car on the Monday morning? Is it anything like Glasto in terms of taking hours to get out of the car park?!

Thanks

Has anyone stayed in Alcoceber before? We're thinking of hiring a car to drive from Reus to Alcoceber where the hotel is, and then to and from the festival. Although it looks pretty cheap by train....would be nicer if we could all have a drink and get the train to and fro plus get an airport transfer seperately.

Anyone have any experience of this before? Looks like Alcoceber is a fair walk from the nearest station but I'm rubbish with distances!!

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed in Alcoceber before? We're thinking of hiring a car to drive from Reus to Alcoceber where the hotel is, and then to and from the festival. Although it looks pretty cheap by train....would be nicer if we could all have a drink and get the train to and fro plus get an airport transfer seperately.

Anyone have any experience of this before? Looks like Alcoceber is a fair walk from the nearest station but I'm rubbish with distances!!

Thanks!

Thanks Stuart - am I right in thinking it's a couple of Euros each way from Alcoceber to Benicassim and then the same back again? How easy is it to get a taxi to the train station and do you know how much they'd be?

Also, is the festival far from the station in Benicassim? Sorry for all the questions/if they've been asked before!

Thank you!

Thanks Stuart - am I right in thinking it's a couple of Euros each way from Alcoceber to Benicassim and then the same back again? How easy is it to get a taxi to the train station and do you know how much they'd be?

Also, is the festival far from the station in Benicassim? Sorry for all the questions/if they've been asked before!

Thank you!

Ah ok, bummer! Thanks for checking though! Looks like we'll stick to the hire car plan then ;D

Yeah, I did have a look at staying closer, but it's just so much more money, I've found a place in Alcoceber, Half Board for under £20 a night!! That's about the limit of the budget!!

Thanks - I probably will do, I keep coming up with new wonderings every day!!

Ah ok, bummer! Thanks for checking though! Looks like we'll stick to the hire car plan then ;D

Yeah, I did have a look at staying closer, but it's just so much more money, I've found a place in Alcoceber, Half Board for under £20 a night!! That's about the limit of the budget!!

Thanks - I probably will do, I keep coming up with new wonderings every day!!

Quickie question!

where can you book train tickets from with me being from UK... needing travel from Valencia airport to Beni on the sunday and comin back the monday after the festies just finished.... :P

also how ridiculous is it trying to get a train monday mornin out of Beni to Valencia? is it likely even with a ticket there will be crowds and crowds of people cramming on?

Cheers, Ollie :lol: