2009 Rumours

Guest Spiral_Low

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deftones have got a new record out next year (which should be freekin ace) so I guess they are as likely as any band. I'd also like to think Rob Zombie has a good chance of been there as people have suggested on here. They get rumoured every year and it's about time we saw 'em at Donny- RAMMSTEIN- that is.

My guess at the mo:

Friday- Deftones/ Nine Inch Nails (more promo for The Slip, UK Tour beforehand)/ Coheed & Cambria

Saturday- Rob Zombie/ Machine Head/ Trivium

Sunday- Rammstein/ Marilyn Manson (new record in 09)/ Weezer (haven't promoted Red Album yet)

Are you saying Deftones should headline above NIN? Because there is absolutely no way they're big enough for that - they could possibly push 2nd headliner because they've been around a while but with the (relative) failure of the last album and the size of venues they've been playing on tour here lately they would be lucky to warrant a 4th headliner slot.

NIN should headline one of the days and Download should set about trying to get one (or both) of AC/DC or Green Day to stop their crowd going to Reading again.

I'm a bit bored, so of all the rumoured mentioned i'd love to see...

Friday

Nine Inch Nails

Slipknot

Saturday

Rob Zombie

Machine Head

Sunday

Rammstein

Marilyn Manson

Lamb Of God

That would be awesome..... :)

Realistically i'll guess....

Friday

Nine Inch Nails

Deftones (good point about new album, i'd forgot them)

<insert popular emosih band here>

<'' ''>

<'' ''>

Saturday

Rammstein

Marilyn Manson

Trivium

Lacuna Coil

Sunday

Metallica

Slipknot

Machine Head

Lamb Of God

Arch Enemy

Devildriver

(That sunday weould be awesome and all of those bands I think will play :))

Anyways thats probably miles off!

I've been considering the AC/DC / festival thing today.

I know that Reading/Leeds would give them the exposure, but their history is Donnington. (Monsters of Rock, rather than Download but Donnington all the same).

I think they're well aware of the size of their fanbase here (and if they're not then the scramble from the festivals that must have ensued after they announced they were touring would surely have given it away?!), and they're not a band that need to play safe financially.

I can't decide yet what I think. It would be easier to play a festival - maximum exposure, minimum dates for a band that hasnt been on the road for years. But their own stage, their own show.. credit crunch or no, if theres a band that can pull it off it'll be AC/DC. Im going to sit on the fence on this one for a while longer, and get tickets for all the likely festivals until I know what's happening.

One thing I will say, if they play Download then the organisers had better get their fingers out. There is absolutely no way that this year's lay out was big enough and if they try to put AC/DC onto that same main stage there will be trouble, injuries, or both. :)

i think with how much the layout has changed bands will be put off playing donington especially if they played there in the MOR days, its just not donington anymore. this is classic donington close_up_stage_470x352.jpg

AC/AC wouldn't recognise the place now but no matter how much it changes you only need to watch the paradise city vid to remember classic donington.

Edited by WildChildRockChick

How the hell are they planning their European tour then?It does not take 5 months to tour Europe playing the venues that Metallica do.

Maybe they are doing Britain and then going to the far East/Australia and back for rest of Europe in the summer?

That would allow sufficiant time for the fans to want to see them again at Download i suppose.

I'm so not doing Download next year.I love Metallica but it's such a boring and obvious choice.I really hope they do Glastonbury instead.

Although they have a terrible track record with shows and touring over here i'd love to see Avenged Sevenfold headline a day.

Big in the states and got a good following over here.

Lostprophets and My Chemical Romance have very good crossover and marketing appeal here but i think A7X deserve a shot.

are you joking with A7X?saw them at Leeds this year and under the circumstances they weren’t bad then they got some stupid cow on the stage that froze and didn't know the words i don’t blame them for walking off after that i know i would of they must have though what the f**k are we doing here, do these people even know who we are? They’ve got to much bad history to ever headline a festival in this country, they couldn't be trusted not to f**k it off on the day or just turn up and not perform to there ability.

Edited by metalman

I reckon headliners will be:

Rammstein/Rage Against The Machine/Nine Inch Nails

Metallica

Pearl Jam/Smashing Pumpkins/Aerosmith

If NIN dont headline they will prob second headline the Sunday (unless Smashing Pumpkins headline the Sunday then I reckon NIN will second headline Friday or Saturday)

Out of that I think most likely is:

Nine Inch Nails

Metallica

Smashing Pumpkins

Edited by SOAD

• 4 weeks later...
I reckon headliners will be:

Rammstein/Rage Against The Machine/Nine Inch Nails

Metallica

Pearl Jam/Smashing Pumpkins/Aerosmith

If NIN dont headline they will prob second headline the Sunday (unless Smashing Pumpkins headline the Sunday then I reckon NIN will second headline Friday or Saturday)

Out of that I think most likely is:

Nine Inch Nails

Metallica

Smashing Pumpkins

Edited by she bangs the drums