Guest marooned

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.......(Wychwood does 1-days right?)

• 4 weeks later...
Saw that info a few days ago :)

Both sound interesting as it goes. Mugabibeat however sound worldly and so reckon they'll be mid-afternoon main stagers. & indeed, there was some ropey old indie playing main stage during breakfast last year, so the other lot could also make it there.

!!! Its taking me 10 mins to orientate mesell to reply with all this new white about!! Me eyes are all over the shop...

anyway-- them Mugrats or whatever--- they from Hebden Bridge man--- ethnic me arse. Main stage me arse too.

Its all too white for me this... what was wrong with it before?

den

Too much green?!?

Is that a challenge, a plead, or what?

At least the green tree of Wychwood (top right) reminds of the original background colours.....

---its doing my knapper in tbh--- your eyes are taken everywhere but to the body of the text--- those blue boxes and flashing ads and stuff plus red and green! Hells Flame-- Joseph will be appearing somewhere soon.

Nah-- even allowing myself a bit of time to get used to it-- I am struggling with it.

den

Just thought--and you know i dont throw too many names into the ring about YOU MUST GET THIS ACT etc etc...well a bloke has just came into my memory who we`ve seen 4 or 5 times over the last few years... and he WOULD bring something a little different to Wychwood.

Jon Gomm.

Stumbled across him on the wild Pennines at Thimbleberry Fest... christ what a do that was..

anyway-- our jaws dropped... what a guitarist..and thoroughly nice bloke too..(cheap to book as well)

Whilst not main stage material.. i think he`d go down well in the tent bit or somewhere.

His style is really unusual-- he taps a lot and uses alternative tuning.

Well worth checking out if you like guitar.

den

• 2 weeks later...

now announced:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/09/090123b.shtml

Bands:

Supergrass (sat)

The Beat (sat)

The Mummers (sat)

Danny & The Champions of the World (fri)

Oojami Sound System (fri)

Dhol Foundation (sun)

Cara Dillon (sun)

eFestivals Comedy:

Sol Bernstein

Matt Barnard

Phil James

Daniel Bland

First Doghouse Stage bands:

Leni Ward

The Witches

Box Kid

Maghribibeat

Summer Holiday

The First of Tom Robinsons Fresh on the Net Sessions bands:

Orphans & Vandals

Hoodlums

Alice Gun

Natalie Ross

Mooli

Dan Whitehouse

now announced:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/09/090123b.shtml

Bands:

Supergrass (sat)

The Beat (sat)

The Mummers (sat)

Danny & The Champions of the World (fri)

Oojami Sound System (fri)

Dhol Foundation (sun)

Cara Dillon (sun)

Excuse me guv, can we have The Wonderstuff added to that list please seeing as they are officially confirmed for Friday! eFests LINK

BTW, Many, many thanks to Graham & all for getting them booked. We asked, you listened, mucho appreciated. :lol:

TBH, with other financial commitments etc, I can't afford to go to Wychwood this year, however, with Miles Hunt & co, for me that is a huge carrot to get me back to Cheltenham for this years Fest. :)

Liking the lineup so far. Very pleased to see The Beat playing :P I've even made me a special sig in honour of 30 years since the creation of 2 Tone (even though it refers to The Specials, who I'm seeing in April \o/ \o/ I still dedicate it to Rankin Roger and the boys)

All in all it seems to be coming together nicely. (It would be nice if there could be a liberal sprinkling of Ska and Reggae acros the weekend, hint hint :P )

Edited by ElNobo