Weyfest

Guest Medina

Yes, I went and thoroughly enjoyed it. Totally agree with your comments Caroline. It's a little gem!

Campsite and car park were a bit muddy but the actual site had survived Saturday's downpours remarkably well.

And what a lovely site it is! A kind of rural heritage and crafts centre, absolutely perfect for a small festival of this nature.

Bumped into several people I know from other festivals who had been there all weekend. All said that, Saturday weather apart, they'd really enjoyed the weekend and found Weyfest a very friendly festival with a lovely laid-back vibe.

I'll certainly go again next year. I think I enjoyed it more than I would have enjoyed the Bestival mudfest.

• 11 months later...

I have a couple of tickets for this year's Weyfest (5th-6th September) with Jethro Tull but unfortunately it's come too late in the day for me to get enough time off work so I can't make it... I have them on ebay for £80 (face value £150) if anyone is interested in saving a bit, give me a shout by message... :blink:

Edited by ronniec111

• 11 months later...

I'm going to this for the first time this year. I'm doing Saturday only, but it's a real prog rock nostalgia-fest: Wishbone Ash, Focus, Curved Air, with Seth Lakeman headlining. Reviews of the site have all been positive from what I've read - sounds like a mini-Guilfest to me.

I'm going to this for the first time this year. I'm doing Saturday only, but it's a real prog rock nostalgia-fest: Wishbone Ash, Focus, Curved Air, with Seth Lakeman headlining. Reviews of the site have all been positive from what I've read - sounds like a mini-Guilfest to me.

A train???? so where the f**k are we gonna kip?

Nah---its car and caravan/dope or nowt,,,so how far is it?

A train???? so where the f**k are we gonna kip?

Nah---its car and caravan/dope or nowt,,,so how far is it?

wow... a long trip then eh. Its near Aldershot isn`t it? Clashes with a Blues thing on at Prestatyn which looks good too...choices,choices.

Did anyone on here go? I was so impressed with it.

It's like a micro-Guilfest but much tidier and far less commercial. Amazing that they manage to squeeze 4 stages into such a small site without it ever feeling in the least bit crowded. And amazing that they could afford the (admittedly mature) lineup without charging the earth for food, merchandising etc. Beautiful little site, excellent range of local ales, a crowd of well-behaved families and mature festival-goers and it was always easy to stand at the front. Absolutely loved it.

I'll be doing the full weekend next year :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From the Weyfest Facebook page:

WEYFEST 2011 Sep 2-4, Rural Life Centre, Tilford, Surrey.

Booked already:

THE BLOCKHEADS

JOHN OTWAY'S BIG BAND

FOCUS

DR FEELGOOD

THE CHRISTIANS

3 BONZOS AND A PIANO

MARTIN TURNER'S WISHBONE ASH

SPACE RITUAL

THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN

LEATHERAT

ERROL LINTON'S BLUES VIBE

SAM KELLY'S STATION HOUSE

RODNEY BRANIGAN

JULIA K

and many more. Look out for big savings on early bird tickets at www.weyfest.co.uk

• 7 months later...