Top Posters In This Topic

I personally reckon the main stage headliners will be:

Friday- Muse/ Kasabian/ Stone Temple Pilots

Saturday- Arctic Monkeys/ The Strokes/ The Streets

Sunday- AC/DC/ Kings Of Leon/ Slipknot

Initial guess at Radio 1/ NME Tent frontrunners:

Friday- Biffy Clyro/ TV On The Radio

Saturday- Yeah Yeah Yeahs/ Vampire Weekend

Sunday- Flaming Lips/ Sonic Youth (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese make it happen)

Other bands to feature on bill somewhere:

The Prodigy, Glassjaw, Foals, Placebo, Death Cab For Cutie, f**ked Up, Primal Scream, Scars On Broadway, The Bronx, MGMT, The Hives, Eagles Of Death Metal, Paramore, Glasvegas, Twisted Wheel, Mighty Boosh Band OR Flight Of The Conchords

Long shots:

Eminem (he's returning next year, why the hell not?), Radiohead, Aerosmith, reformed Libertines, Beastie Boys,

The Prodigy, Glassjaw, Foals, Placebo, Death Cab For Cutie, f**ked Up, Primal Scream, Scars On Broadway, The Bronx, MGMT, The Hives, Eagles Of Death Metal, Paramore, Glasvegas, Twisted Wheel, Mighty Boosh Band OR Flight Of The Conchords

Long shots:

Eminem (he's returning next year, why the hell not?), Radiohead, Aerosmith, reformed Libertines, Beastie Boys,

Edited by thegremlin_1999

Long shots:

Long shots:

My newly revised line-up prediction:

FRIDAY

main stage:

Eminem (new album confirmed- still big enough to headline)

The Strokes or Franz Ferdinand (both back with their highly anticipated new ones next year)

Placebo

MGMT

Foals

Vampire Weekend

Scars On Broadway

These Arms Are Snakes

Innerpartysystem

Zico Chain

nme/ radio 1 stage:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Streets

TV On The Radio

The Gaslight Anthem

White Denim

Amazing Baby

Dananananakroyd

Cheeky Cheeky and The Nosebleeds

Mirror Mirror

SATURDAY:

main stage:

Arctic Monkeys (the people's choice :lol: )

Kasabian (they'll be a shoe-in, next years new LP will be killer)

Stone Temple Pilots (comeback kings)

Klaxons

Death Cab For Cutie

The Cribs

Maximo Park

Gogol Bordello

Eagles Of Death Metal

Brand New

Envy On The Coast

nme/ radio 1 stage:

Glasvegas (NME's lapdogs)

The Mars Volta (f**king great years ago- so much so I spent 10 quid on a Bixler-esque afro)

Mongrel

Twisted Wheel

Pavilion

Ulterior

SUNDAY

main stage:

AC/DC (pretty much deffo me thinks after they confirmed an 09 tour)

Kings Of Leon (I think they'd fit in strangely well with this heavy ass line up)

Slipknot

Biffy Clyro

Gallows

Mastadon

Trivium

Funeral For A Friend

Los Campesinos

The Bronx

nme/ radio 1 stage:

The Flaming Lips

Flight Of The Conchords

Crystal Castles

White Lies

Flobots

Concrete Jungle-

Glassjaw/ f**ked Up/ Billy Talent

alright here's my thoughts on the whole affair after reading this thread.

first up, bands that definitely SHOULD NOT headline as they've just done it too many times before, or are simply shit/not headline worthy:

Green Day

Eminem

Arctic f**kING monkeys

Foo Fighters

Kasabian

Muse

Prodigy

Franz Ferdinand

Kings Of Leon

and on a side note, why are people hoping for R.E.M./Radiohead? As good as these two are think the chances of either playing would be nil. They're just not considered 'rock' enough for R+L, I reckon.

secondly, headliners I would be very very very happy with but dont think will play:

Oasis - they have the massive stadium tour of their own next year. BUT if they do do a festie as well i think we would have a good chance. The last one they played was V in 2005 and Noel said they wont be doing glasto at a recent press conference. Plus they wont have done R+L in 9 years by the time it comes around, so it will be something of an event rather than the dull as f**k revolving door showcase of Muse/Foo Fighters/Chili Peppers that the festival circuit has become in recent years.

Aerosmith - they seem to only tour the UK once every 65 years. But hey you never know

The Strokes - I think they'll do glasto

Paul Rodgers featuring Brian May and Roger Taylor (you just can't call them Queen, because they're not) - again I think more of a closing glasto act.

And finally, my prediction for 2009 in no perculiar order:

Morrissey

AC/DC

The Cure

time will tell....

:P

The Cure not a headliner band?? They release their 13th (very awesome) album at the end of this month. They are goth rock legends and I think they would be PERFECT to close the festival. As you say though, I'm not sure whether they traditionally 'do' festivals. Same with Morrissey, new album next year and as he played 2nd to top a few years back I think it would make sense to bump him up to headliner. He's more than worthy of it, another absolute legend with a great solo catalogue, not to mention his body of work with that other band he was in for a bit :D

your list of "bands that definitely SHOULD NOT headline as they've just done it too many times before, or are simply shit/not headline worthy" is basically a list of bands that might actually headline, apart from a few on there. I do agree with you though, most of them have done it already, we need Radiohead.

Green Day

Eminem

Arctic f**kING monkeys

Foo Fighters

Kasabian

Muse

Prodigy

Franz Ferdinand

Kings Of Leon

and on a side note, why are people hoping for R.E.M./Radiohead? As good as these two are think the chances of either playing would be nil. They're just not considered 'rock' enough for R+L, I reckon.

secondly, headliners I would be very very very happy with but dont think will play:

Oasis - they have the massive stadium tour of their own next year. BUT if they do do a festie as well i think we would have a good chance. The last one they played was V in 2005 and Noel said they wont be doing glasto at a recent press conference. Plus they wont have done R+L in 9 years by the time it comes around, so it will be something of an event rather than the dull as f**k revolving door showcase of Muse/Foo Fighters/Chili Peppers that the festival circuit has become in recent years.

Aerosmith - they seem to only tour the UK once every 65 years. But hey you never know

The Strokes - I think they'll do glasto

Paul Rodgers featuring Brian May and Roger Taylor (you just can't call them Queen, because they're not) - again I think more of a closing glasto act.

And finally, my prediction for 2009 in no perculiar order:

Morrissey

AC/DC

The Cure

time will tell....

• 2 months later...