Possile Headliners for 2009

Guest rossg123

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed people have been predicting two "recent" Indie headliners. Ain't happening. There will only be one. Kasabian/Kaisers/KOL and Arctics won't both headline.
Edited by stephen07

Had two metal bands headlining this year so why not two indie bands next year?

Muse wont be there

http://www.arcticmonkeysuk.com/forums/inde...ost&p=60156

Prodigy, Arctic Monkeys and AC/DC seems realistic to me.

although in my head AM's still aren't anymore than a tent band. They lost it for me, live anyway, when they stopped playing the little clubs.

Prodigy would be fantastic.

Tbh, the line up's gonna have to be VERY good next year if they want to put the prices up again. And it doesn't look they have a good choice of acts to pick from, not that would make me return atm anyway.

Edited by benisright

But the point I was making wasn't down to personal opinions. Kasabian and Arctics are both Indie bands with two albums each. Rage have four. Metallica...f**k knows how many, I'm sure one of their fans a little less casual than me will give the right amount. :D

But basically, FR wouldn't book both Kasabian and Arctics as headliners next year as together they would look weak. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Arctics headlining with Kasabian taking a 2nd slot below them.

Edited by benisright

I wouldnt agree with that. I can see FR thinking, lets aim to get all 3 headliners from the following list (im sure ive missed a couple off)

Muse

AC/DC

Green Day

Arctic Monkeys

Foo Fighters

Oasis

Arctic Monkeys will definitely be on this first group list, there havent been any nme-indie bands that have been on this list. If they get Arctic Monkeys and Green Day (likely) and cant get any of the other bands (fairly likely) they will go to the second list. Which is where the razorlights and franz ferdinands have come from in recent years and why Kasabian might be booked with Arctic Monkeys.

Glasto had Killers and Arctic Monkeys headlining one year. Theres no reason why Reading wont suffer the same fate next year.

But with Arctic Monkeys having 3 albums out by Reading 09, a massive influence, they will not be a weak choice at all.

I wouldnt agree with that. I can see FR thinking, lets aim to get all 3 headliners from the following list (im sure ive missed a couple off)

Muse

AC/DC

Green Day

Arctic Monkeys

Foo Fighters

Oasis

Arctic Monkeys will definitely be on this first group list, there havent been any nme-indie bands that have been on this list. If they get Arctic Monkeys and Green Day (likely) and cant get any of the other bands (fairly likely) they will go to the second list. Which is where the razorlights and franz ferdinands have come from in recent years and why Kasabian might be booked with Arctic Monkeys.

Glasto had Killers and Arctic Monkeys headlining one year. Theres no reason why Reading wont suffer the same fate next year.

But with Arctic Monkeys having 3 albums out by Reading 09, a massive influence, they will not be a weak choice at all.

Kasabian wont headline thats a stupid idea, doubt greenday will be back so soon either, im lookin for iron maiden that would be my ideal choice prodigy aswell would be great, think both are fair bets but its very hard to call