Possile Headliners for 2009

Guest rossg123

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day

Arctic Monkeys

And if God is willing to bless us for a third year in a row after the Pumpkins and RATM, then R.E.M.

Ooooh REM would be amazing.

Too soon for Muse again.

N dunno if I'd want Green Day to headline again either. Don't get me wrong I loved both the times have seen them at Leeds, but I want someone new.

Pink Floyd would be cool :P

N as for Arctic Monkeys - nooooooooo!

Edited by Chihiro Cheeks

I think so !

New album should be well out by then. I cannot see Festival Republic going with 3 American headliners

again. And tbh there is not that many feasible UK headliners. Kasabian could not get a headline this year

but 2009 is a def possible.

If V do not get Oasis then they could be a possible !

I agree on Oasis , but they are still big enough to headline the likes of V or Leeds !

The thing is , if you exlude Kasabian and Oasis , which UK indie type acts are credible headliners for Leeds

2009 ?

Kaiser Chiefs (who I detest by the way ) - would have to be the favourites , and as a total longshot

Radiohead

Muse

Arctic Monkeys

Franz

Bloc Party

Editors

Razorlight

Prodigy

I cannot see it being any of them tbh

:P

Prodigy, Arctic Monkeys and AC/DC seems realistic to me.

although in my head AM's still aren't anymore than a tent band. They lost it for me, live anyway, when they stopped playing the little clubs.

Prodigy would be fantastic.

Tbh, the line up's gonna have to be VERY good next year if they want to put the prices up again. And it doesn't look they have a good choice of acts to pick from, not that would make me return atm anyway.

Prodigy, Arctic Monkeys and AC/DC seems realistic to me.

although in my head AM's still aren't anymore than a tent band. They lost it for me, live anyway, when they stopped playing the little clubs.

Prodigy would be fantastic.

Tbh, the line up's gonna have to be VERY good next year if they want to put the prices up again. And it doesn't look they have a good choice of acts to pick from, not that would make me return atm anyway.

Would be happy with that but wouldn't say it's realistic. The Friday is a bit too Indie-ish. Bloc Party won't play the exact same slot as they did this year, it was ridiculous enough them being booked one slot up from last year. Muse would headline the Sunday and TBH I don't think the Foos have it in them to headline the Friday yet, they'd be Sunday too. And I doubt The Raconteurs will be back.