A Few Lowlands Questions!

Guest MMAlien

I have read the lowlands 2008 thread all the way through and i am really tempted to go next year. And after Reading was such a downer on the last night with all the riots and the violence it seams like a better alternative to end the summer with. just need to clear a few things up from people who have just come back.

On another forum they said that weed is now banned in Holland. is there any truth in this or has there been a tighter law introduced?

Does the festival or any related sites provide a package flight and ticket deal or will i have to book the flights seperate?

Whats the score on mushrooms in Holland these days?

When do tickets go on sale?

thats all i need to know for now, thanks!

Ricky

- Weed is not banned, but you're not allowed to smoke (cigarettes) in restaurants, bars and coffeeshops (thus including a joint)

- Lowlands doesn't sell package deals. Only option is a ticket with or without entrance to Walibi World (the amusement park next door). You have to book flights yourself.

- They are trying to make mushrooms illegal. Until then there is some sort of delay selling, which means you need to make a reservation and come back in a couple of days. But I'm not sure if each shop is doing that.

- Normally tickets will go on sale around beginning of February

• 1 month later...
I have read the lowlands 2008 thread all the way through and i am really tempted to go next year. And after Reading was such a downer on the last night with all the riots and the violence it seams like a better alternative to end the summer with. just need to clear a few things up from people who have just come back.

On another forum they said that weed is now banned in Holland. is there any truth in this or has there been a tighter law introduced?

Does the festival or any related sites provide a package flight and ticket deal or will i have to book the flights seperate?

Ricky

Ricky

• 5 weeks later...

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Lowlands last year. It was my first ever festival. After going to T in the Park and Live at Loch Lomond this year I cannot believe the difference between Lowlands and festivals in the UK. Lowlands is so clean.. the toilets were spotless! The people are so friendly, I didnt see a single fight or anyone passed out from booze!

In 2007 you were allowed 5grams of "soft drugs" per person, this includes weed and mushrooms, Im not sure if this rule has changed or not! We had a whole lot more than that but we were never searched! You're not supossed to take glass bottles in either, but that was easy enough to sneak in.

It was a really well organised festival. The queues wer never that big for anything. Only problem being they have their own surrency in the arena so you need to buy "munten" before you buy any booze or food. They have a 24 hour license and a 24 hour tent for when the arena closes! I had bought a ticket to go this year bt had to sell it as none of my mates got tickets on time! Definetly going next year though.. even if i need to go alone!

I would most definetly reccomend Lowlands... its incredible!

:P

Edited by siobhan-cky

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not going to comment on legality of weed or mushrooms as my knowledge is no doubt out of date, but some of the language used so far in this thread doesn't fill me with confidence that the information is correct. But, my main point regards:

Queues are not a problem even for a beer or food. Everyone is so friendly aswell!

When you first arrive the queue (it only gets called a queue because there isn't a better description for thousands of people pushing into a bottleneck at 0.001 mph) is horrendous. The majority of people at the festival seemed to like doing certain things at particular times of the day (showers in the mornings had a massive wait, by eleven they were walk-in; they seemed to stop selling the majority of the food after lunchtime, then again after dinner) and during these times the queues were awful.
Edited by Paul ™