Suggestions for 2009 line up?

Guest andyblack

If everyone else is doing one... I did a sizeable list last year, but here's some current and actually thought out suggestions:

Potential headliners: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Jarvis, Doves, Maximo Park, British Sea Power, The Hold Steady (they owe SSW one), Eels, Futureheads (as a sop after all that Athena/Uni gig that was never going to happen stuff last year)

High up the bil: Grizzly Bear, The Decemberists, Stereolab, Mew, Bat For Lashes, Jens Lekman, Clinic, Los Campesinos!, M Ward, Andrew Bird, Edwyn Collins

Also: The Wave Pictures (originally from Wymeswold), Mumford and Sons, Slow Club, Broken Records, Grammatics, Sky Larkin, The Week That Was, Hello Saferide, The Phantom Band, Dananananaykroyd (might not seem like the average SSW band but the equally active The Mae Shi went down very well last year), Lucky Soul, Silvery, Blue Roses, Thomas Truax, Superman Revenge Squad

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone else is doing one... I did a sizeable list last year, but here's some current and actually thought out suggestions:

Potential headliners: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Jarvis, Doves, Maximo Park, British Sea Power, The Hold Steady (they owe SSW one), Eels, Futureheads (as a sop after all that Athena/Uni gig that was never going to happen stuff last year)

High up the bil: Grizzly Bear, The Decemberists, Stereolab, Mew, Bat For Lashes, Jens Lekman, Clinic, Los Campesinos!, M Ward, Andrew Bird, Edwyn Collins

Also: The Wave Pictures (originally from Wymeswold), Mumford and Sons, Slow Club, Broken Records, Grammatics, Sky Larkin, The Week That Was, Hello Saferide, The Phantom Band, Dananananaykroyd (might not seem like the average SSW band but the equally active The Mae Shi went down very well last year), Lucky Soul, Silvery, Blue Roses, Thomas Truax, Superman Revenge Squad

Think that the following would go down well-

Karima Francis - will be big female singer songwriter this year

Jake Flowers - Understated folk

Dodos - Bought an album on a whim and am enjoying it

Gaslight anthem - in the absence of the Boss

updated 2009 wishes

the national

asian dub foundation

part chimp

jim jones revue

maybeshewill

the phantom band

paul draper

lanegan and the soulsavers, dulli, p j harvey............

the joy formidable

magazine

fuzzy lights

the airbourne toxic event

i am kloot

leftfield

the fall

sophia

an elliott smith tribute would be good

rachel unthank

might do the big session this year because august seems too far away..............

I like your style Sean Tizz . I'd like to add , mainly from the coda list of bands:-

Beirut

Billy Bragg

Bon Iver

Cortney Tidwell

Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators

Killing Joke

Iron & WIne

Oi Va Voi ('Yuri' what a song)

The Miserable Rich

Silver Jews

Woodpigeon

Plus (due to play last year but didn't) - The Hold Steady, El Perro Del Mar, Langhorne Slim

The Lionheart Brothers (bless em' they couldn't afford to come over last year !)

Plus Scott Matthews, Apostle Of Hustle, Band of Horses, Elliott Brood, Jim White, Josh Rouse,

Elephant 9, M83, Thea GIlmore, The Walkmen.

Richard I'll be happy with a dozen from the above....I'll buy you a pint, or maybe 2 !

I posted on the facebook page about this...

My list contained:-

Alabama 3

The All New Adventures Of us

Apples In Stereo

As In Rebekkamaria

Bishop Allen

Bonnie Prince Billy

Caribou

The Cat Empire

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

The Decemberists

Devendra banhart (again)

Emiliana Torrini (again - new album great)

Fleet Foxes

Friendly Fires

Friska Viljor

Gogol Bordello (as a headliner)

Half man Half Biscuit

Hawksley Workman

Hello Saferide

It's a Musical

Jape

Jens Lekman

Johnathan Rice

Johnny Dowd

The Lilac Time

Lloyd Cole

Los Campesinos

The Lucksmiths

Momus

My Morning Jacket (as another headliner)

Of Montreal (again because they were so good!)

Okkervil River

Old 97's

The Polyphonic Spree

Ruby Suns

Stars

Sufjan Stevens

Truckstop Honeymoon

Vampire Weekend

Wave Pictures

Yeasayer

The Beat

Any of those would make me a happy man....

Sean

...and on the topic of Billy Bragg (as mentioned above) any Leicester-based fans may be interested to know he is coming to De Montfort University on Friday March 6th as part of the Cultural Exchange programme.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Gabs