Suggestions for 2009 line up?

Guest andyblack

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Latitude Festival organisers have said that Pimms (who were a major sponsor of their festival for the last few years) aren't doing any festivals this year due to costs. If true, that is a real shame. Just have to bring some from home I suppose (in a plastic bottle of course!). As long as the Lansdowne are there with plenty of real ales and jugs of cocktails I will be able to cope.

Oh, and can I second whoever said Shed 7? Either them or Kula Shaker. I do love a bit of my mid-90s nostalgia. The bands I was listening to while taking my GCSEs. Listnening to Chris Helme sing Blinded by the Sun in the Musician Tent last year was one of my unexpected highlights.

The Avalanches are rumoured to be finally releasing the follow up to Since I Left You in July 2009!

Andy/RichardH any chance? they would be perfect for the festival in my opinion.

Thats my request anyway and I know its nearly 100% not going to happen, I'm asking none the less!

not really no

is there any chance of pushing the boat out a bit dancewise this year? Maybe get some acts in from Kompakt/Bpitch? Someone like Ellen Allien, Apparat, Gui Boratto, Telefon tel Aviv or even modeselektor (best live electronic act ever! and they hardly ever play the uk...)

As for other acts i'd love to see included:

Eluvium

Grouper

Max Richter

Danananakaroid (or however you spell it)

Deerhoof (so much fun live)

The Notwist

Gang of Four

I don't expect the festival to be dominated by acts like this but it'd great to have a few more left-field choices mixed in...

aha maybe i was being a bit too optimistic, i do like the mix at summer sundae, there's usually a nice collection of oddities dotted around to keep me interested and enough more obvious choices to convince friends!

i like the list of acts just added, broken records are ace live/ i was pretty impressed with FOTL when they supported Les Savy Fav t'other year

danananakroyd are a lot of fun, they obviously love what they do/ i especially enjoyed the wall of hugs :P

• 4 weeks later...