Picadilly Party

Guest atarisleaalk3

The best bit was when the gazebo was moving through the crowd on the Sunday night, absolute classic. :unsure:

I like how this started as an Anti- Piccadilly Party thread but has changed into a pro one!

Edited by rexclark81

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best bit was when the gazebo was moving through the crowd on the Sunday night, absolute classic. :unsure:

I like how this started as an Anti- Piccadilly Party thread but has changed into a pro one!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
firstly, if you are a drug user yourself, just dont bother even reading it, because im not interested in your opinions thank you, unless you have something constructive to say.

in my opinion the 'picadilly party' was a flippin joke. i feel it was encouraging and intended to be a huge drugs fest. leeds and reading is supposed to be about watching live bands, and having a good time, not getting f**ked off your face on drugs, as people seem to be using it as more and more frequently due to the extremely poor security surrounding drugs and the law.

the horrific music blaring until 6am seems to be completely contradictory to the addition of the silent disco. surley it should be all or nothing?

if people want to wreck their lives on drugs that is there problem, but i think it should be kept away from the general public, and certainly not encouraged by gatherings such as this. we had problems with people crashing into our tent at around 7am because they were too f**ked to walk (and yes, its DAYLIGHT at 7am, so guideropes in the dark is not the issue here) it was the f**ktards who decided to try and squeeze between out tent and a thorn bush, rather than taking about 4 seconds to walk round the tree that was the problem

• 1 month later...
firstly, if you are a drug user yourself, just dont bother even reading it, because im not interested in your opinions thank you, unless you have something constructive to say.

in my opinion the 'picadilly party' was a flippin joke. i feel it was encouraging and intended to be a huge drugs fest. leeds and reading is supposed to be about watching live bands, and having a good time, not getting f**ked off your face on drugs, as people seem to be using it as more and more frequently due to the extremely poor security surrounding drugs and the law.

the horrific music blaring until 6am seems to be completely contradictory to the addition of the silent disco. surley it should be all or nothing?

if people want to wreck their lives on drugs that is there problem, but i think it should be kept away from the general public, and certainly not encouraged by gatherings such as this. we had problems with people crashing into our tent at around 7am because they were too f**ked to walk (and yes, its DAYLIGHT at 7am, so guideropes in the dark is not the issue here) it was the f**ktards who decided to try and squeeze between out tent and a thorn bush, rather than taking about 4 seconds to walk round the tree that was the problem

Edited by staggerlee

• 1 month later...

this thread was started by a miserable f**king loser in my humble opinion... i had f**k all (as in zero hours) sleep on the last night of Download last year, thanks to the monster energy camp (that i'd had so much fun at the night before - but was a bit of a nightmare when i was actually trying to sleep!) and all the wasted folk making their last night go off with a bang, but did i mind? nope, i just dealt with it cos its what you expect at a festival!!!

*sigh* i knew this would happen, apparently people arent allowed to have OPINIONS without being slagged off. In a last ditch attempt to justfiy MY OPINIONS, i will reply to this one last time. and i would thank you please if you would let me have freedom of speech and an opinion without slagging me off, just because i dont like the same things as you do.

and my god has this been resurrected from the past....

Yes , because the person who started the thread has to see that the topic was totally unjustified !

She should apologise for being a numpty !

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
the resaon i started it with that, is because i knew people would end up butting in saying how excellent drugs are, and that they can do what they want. i was warning them that i dont care if yous thing drugs are great, i dont, and i dont think the general public should have to deal with other peoples addictions.

and yes, alcohol probably does cause more problems, BUT its not illegal.

• 1 month later...
im not talking about weed, im talking about mainly ecstacy. and no, it wasnt drunk people with the 7am indicents, some guys camped next to us were on E themselves and agreed with me that as was the majority of people at the picadilly party.

the picadilly party is not the campiste djs, its a f**k off huge dj thing that blares out til 6am, which we didnt know about until the first night and couldnt get space where we usually pitch (white, near the durcacell, so i do NOT have that much if an issue with the noise).

i do agree that alcohol is part andc parcel of the same thing, but alcohol is not illegal, drugs are.

and on the note of the security being tight, i didnt once get asked, searched or anything else, either coming in on thursday, coming in from tesco trips, or going into arena.

• 2 weeks later...

LEt's look at some probable information shall we.......

First of all, without doubt, the most popular choice of drug is bound to be cannabis.. true/false?

People who have taken cannabis are going to be guilty of one of two things...... being asleep, or going somwhere to buy munch (and that is if they can be arsed, which most stoners won't be).

The biggest cause of disruption is SOLELY down to alcohol..... and people not knowing when to stop.... the chances are if you've dealt with some idoit at a festival, it's probably cos they're mullered, not because they're on something. If you can't beat them join them, if you're as pissed as they are, you won't take any offence.

Festivals are about having a good time and doing what you enjoy doing. People have very differing opinions/ideas about what having fun is. You know what you would class as having fun, just stick to that rather than being concerned about other people and you'll be OK.

The only thing that should be said he already has and that is to camp in the family area if your after early nights. festivals are all about the party atmosphere and if theres a place providing entertainment throughout the night then they deserve recognition not slagging!

Durcaell tent

silent disco

picadilly party

:angry:

If I didn't get drunk every night at Leeds i wouldn't be able to sleep where we camped. The banging music is on till 6am then people start getting up at 7, and once one person is up, everyone gets up! I'm a really fussy sleeper, so without alchol i'd be like a zombie at leeds! Unless i camped in quiet camping, of course.

Yeah, the start of the arguement was anti-drugs, nothing to do with the music till 6am!

The festival is not family orientated, it says in the info that they don't advise you to take anyone under the age of 16, althought, very contradictively, they do offer kids to get in the arena free which is quite confusing.

The law is being broken all the time by people, speeding, spitting, in fact english men are still required to by law to practice archery for an hour every day! So if your gonna preach about one you should them all. And I'm sure if it was murder and rape then it would be a little different and no-one would overlook it.

I didn't know about picadilly party last year but now I do because of this so thats more for me to do, Watch bands from 11am-12pm then party and dance till I drop at picadilly party, and I don't need drugs to do that. and if people do then so what they can!!