Picadilly Party

Guest atarisleaalk3

firstly, if you are a drug user yourself, just dont bother even reading it, because im not interested in your opinions thank you, unless you have something constructive to say.

in my opinion the 'picadilly party' was a flippin joke. i feel it was encouraging and intended to be a huge drugs fest. leeds and reading is supposed to be about watching live bands, and having a good time, not getting f**ked off your face on drugs, as people seem to be using it as more and more frequently due to the extremely poor security surrounding drugs and the law.

the horrific music blaring until 6am seems to be completely contradictory to the addition of the silent disco. surley it should be all or nothing?

if people want to wreck their lives on drugs that is there problem, but i think it should be kept away from the general public, and certainly not encouraged by gatherings such as this. we had problems with people crashing into our tent at around 7am because they were too f**ked to walk (and yes, its DAYLIGHT at 7am, so guideropes in the dark is not the issue here) it was the f**ktards who decided to try and squeeze between out tent and a thorn bush, rather than taking about 4 seconds to walk round the tree that was the problem

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firstly, if you are a drug user yourself, just dont bother even reading it, because im not interested in your opinions thank you, unless you have something constructive to say.

in my opinion the 'picadilly party' was a flippin joke. i feel it was encouraging and intended to be a huge drugs fest. leeds and reading is supposed to be about watching live bands, and having a good time, not getting f**ked off your face on drugs, as people seem to be using it as more and more frequently due to the extremely poor security surrounding drugs and the law.

the horrific music blaring until 6am seems to be completely contradictory to the addition of the silent disco. surley it should be all or nothing?

if people want to wreck their lives on drugs that is there problem, but i think it should be kept away from the general public, and certainly not encouraged by gatherings such as this. we had problems with people crashing into our tent at around 7am because they were too f**ked to walk (and yes, its DAYLIGHT at 7am, so guideropes in the dark is not the issue here) it was the f**ktards who decided to try and squeeze between out tent and a thorn bush, rather than taking about 4 seconds to walk round the tree that was the problem

people should be more resboncible with drugs of any kind. Alcohol or pills.

To a certain extent I agree, but persaonlly I think its better for the whole festival to see the funny side when people (for example) squeeze into a thorn bush coz theyre f**ked! We managed to see the funny side when a guy passed out in one of our tents covered head to toe in mud...

Dealers shouldnt be allowed but people go to the festival and smoke shit and tdo be honest I think that a lot of the festival atmosphere is due to the fact that they can pretty much do what they want. Chuck in 60 billion policemen everywhere it would seem like a prison and people would not feel free in the 70's-style sense...

*Edit: Agree with above too

Edited by mike taylor

Security were proper strict with drugs this year... Searching peoples cig packets/ tobacco pouches on entrance and i must have seen 5+ drug busts in and around our camp site including strip searches not to mention constantly being aware of security walking past and through tents. Not to mention one guys car got completely stripped and they found loads of stash so they guy smacked the security guard in the face only to be knocked out seconds later. Notice how there were next to no stalls in the arena which sold purely pipes bongs/ legal highs? Theres usually two or three! Ive never seen it so strict!

I too, heard of people getting weed stolen by security (although they werent punished they just had it taken off them) but only on entry to the arena never in campsimte or entrance to site...;

And there was usually at least one person in our group (who I definately do not know, nope, not at all) smoking weed at any one time

I too, heard of people getting weed stolen by security (although they werent punished they just had it taken off them) but only on entry to the arena never in campsimte or entrance to site...;

And there was usually at least one person in our group (who I definately do not know, nope, not at all) smoking weed at any one time

im not talking about weed, im talking about mainly ecstacy. and no, it wasnt drunk people with the 7am indicents, some guys camped next to us were on E themselves and agreed with me that as was the majority of people at the picadilly party.

the picadilly party is not the campiste djs, its a f**k off huge dj thing that blares out til 6am, which we didnt know about until the first night and couldnt get space where we usually pitch (white, near the durcacell, so i do NOT have that much if an issue with the noise).

i do agree that alcohol is part andc parcel of the same thing, but alcohol is not illegal, drugs are.

and on the note of the security being tight, i didnt once get asked, searched or anything else, either coming in on thursday, coming in from tesco trips, or going into arena.

im not talking about weed, im talking about mainly ecstacy. and no, it wasnt drunk people with the 7am indicents, some guys camped next to us were on E themselves and agreed with me that as was the majority of people at the picadilly party.

the picadilly party is not the campiste djs, its a f**k off huge dj thing that blares out til 6am, which we didnt know about until the first night and couldnt get space where we usually pitch (white, near the durcacell, so i do NOT have that much if an issue with the noise).

i do agree that alcohol is part andc parcel of the same thing, but alcohol is not illegal, drugs are.

and on the note of the security being tight, i didnt once get asked, searched or anything else, either coming in on thursday, coming in from tesco trips, or going into arena.

Because you werent searched once doesnt mean loads of other people werent.. Also the majority of the busts i saw werent over weed it was over Coke/ E etc. I must say the festival was much stricter this year with drugs which is a good thing in many ways. Drugs in general are a social thing so your going to find people on drugs anywhere with late music at a festival... I am confused though as i thought the reason the silent disco was there was because of noise pollution problems, yet picadilly party was on until 6..

The beer promoted the destruction. I guess Dub-Step at 4am does smell of a certain scene at the moment. but hey, they were causing less problems than the drunk robbers/rioters, i for one, danced till 5am and then went to bed, causing no trouble at all. am i the problem?

had no idea they were playing dub step at the fest :/

as far as drugs go, it's a festival so is to be expected, and after four years of being a punter the security was the most relaxed i've seen, it was practically non existant. Also i hope the person who made this topic was trying to take the piss, otherwise it may be time to talk to someone other than frank :P

And as far as arena security was concerned, u just had to seperate the meatheads from the decent people working there. Found one who despite being a bit handsy let us through every time with no problems.

Because you werent searched once doesnt mean loads of other people werent.. Also the majority of the busts i saw werent over weed it was over Coke/ E etc. I must say the festival was much stricter this year with drugs which is a good thing in many ways. Drugs in general are a social thing so your going to find people on drugs anywhere with late music at a festival... I am confused though as i thought the reason the silent disco was there was because of noise pollution problems, yet picadilly party was on until 6..

i think this thread seems to have been misinterpreted.

firstly, as stated, i usually camp next to the duracell powerhouse, so i am NOT specifically complaining about noise, i know if i want to go to sleep at 9pm i go to green/brown. thats not what im talking about.

secondly, i know alcohol causes problems, id start a new thread on that if you wanted, but i was specifically talking about drugs, and the fact that they are illegal, in this topic, i didnt mention alcohol, as that was not what the topic was about. and originally, i wasnt meaning to 'moan' about trouble. the whole point of this thread was to:

A) get peoples opinion on wether the picadilly party was introduced as a place for people f**ked on drugs, therefore encouraging it

:P wondering if one place can have music blaring until 6am, what is the point in the silent disco? its a contradiction, as im sure that was introduced for noise blah blah whatever.