Thefts

Guest _Faction

at T last year had my phone tied to my skirt/trouser belt hoop with the phone cord thingy you get with the phone lol .. was a good idea cause i could barely get it off never mind a thief ... just need to find a better place for money

We were in the guest campsite and my mate had his digital camera and a phone stolen while we were on site (probably shouldn't have left them in the tent, although they were well hidden). We were pitched right next to the fence and apparently some scallies had climbed over and were caught thieving from some tents. Even though they were caught he never got the stuff back though. Apparently the police said they hadn't had anything like that (what no camera at all handed in or recovered from the whole weekend?! - yeah right).

-----------------

Kids In Glass Houses

• 1 month later...
After getting my bag stollen from my tent last year at Reading while i was sleeping, i decided to share a tent at leeds this time, so we got a 6 man tent! i thought people stealing stuff would be slight be put off by 6 people sleeping in a tent but obviously not...they still came in and stole £110 from my friends wallet, left the change and put her purse back in her bag and never woke any of us...crafty indeed.

I find it really hard to believe that people can break into tents and steal stuff whilst people are asleep. I'm such a light sleeper that someone in the next field could undo a zip and i'd wake-up! LOL!

Just a question about tents and thefts... Would it be worth putting a lock on the tent, and having some sort of lockable bag/case in the tent with my stuff in?

:P

amazingly having been going to leeds for the best part of a decade i have never had anything stolen yet, i keep expecting it every year but it hasnt happened yet, i never leave anything i wouldnt want stolen in tent when i go to arena anyway. as i say i expect it one year, but so far so good. would love to see the culprits caught it in act and suitably punished in front of everybody, the c***s.

my friend who was camped in another campsite to us, got really drunk and could explain to anyone where he was camped, but managed to find ours. so when i woke up to find a 6ft 2 13 stone male lieing next to me and didnt hear him come in, i was most surprised! and he was in there all the time i was asleep, so from then on i have always been quite paranoid about valubles and stuff