What didn't you like about the weekend?

Guest VCK

Leeds 08 was a brilliant weekend, but a few things let it down.

The mud was awful, although I wouldn't have minded it as much if Bramham Park wasn't such a hilly site. My shoes are absolutely caked in mud. You'd have thought that the organisers would have laid something down so to prevent people slipping over.

Then there was the utter twat who woke me up last night. Heard someone unzipping my tent so I asked who it was. He then asked if I had any cigs to sell, to which I said no. He then walked off, leaving my tent door unzipped, and kicked one of my pegs over.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest didn't enjoy much.

the fact that the entry was 2pm on wed but yet we didn't get in until 5pm was shocking!

the mud you can't help but they could have laid more hay. only saw one set of hay laid down.

the choice of food in the campsite is poor. how many burger stalls do you need! then there is the food itself over priced and sub standard! the chips at about every stall were bad and gave me a bad stomach.

then there is the last night. considering there is nothing to do after the bands finish and that duracell tent is packed people think its funny to throw gas canistors in fires and kick peoples tents down.

surly they should have a more police at the festival. didn't see one.

enjoy the music i was there for though such as the raconteurs and we are scientists but taking it all round i think i'll stick to glastonbury!

Edited by III

blisters from my wellies, the mud made everything dead hard work - glad that the sun dried the mud out for the last couple of days though coz it was a total nightmare on that hill on the way up2 the village

slipknot cancellation.

avenged's v short set :ph34r:

the queue at the top of the brown site with the early entry passes was a pain aswell, just aswell it didnt start pissin down til after we had set up camp :lol:

apart from them things i thought it went very well.

well done leeds

I didn't think the mud was that bad after friday TBH as was at V the previous w/end and that was terrible much worse than Leeds, as least leeds but chippings down

Well this was my first time at Leeds only went with day ticket for friday and hoped to get sat ticket too but managed to get full w/end ticket at the box office - woo hoo!!

The only issue I had was somewhere to sit I know you have the ground but with it being muddy n all not the best and didn't fancy carrying a chair round as wasn't camping... that was my only grumble as I swear to god wellies are not comfy things to be in for 3 days ended going to welfare tent for an hour to sit down as feet throbbed!!

Actually I do have another grumble WTF was going on with the sound during The Killers? I was at the left of the stage and it was so quiet and uneven, ended up leaving to watch Manics as could be doing with that sound level - was it the same elsewhere?

Apart from that loved it was on own this weekend but meet some great folk and had loads of fun, bands were amazing as managed to see loads

Actually I do have another grumble WTF was going on with the sound during The Killers? I was at the left of the stage and it was so quiet and uneven, ended up leaving to watch Manics as could be doing with that sound level - was it the same elsewhere?

Apart from that loved it was on own this weekend but meet some great folk and had loads of fun, bands were amazing as managed to see loads

The mud didnt bother me too much

The sound quality wasn't ideal.

The number of absolute idiots in my campsite annoyed me. This was my 3rd leeds and although theres always been canister throwing (which i hate), tent burning on monday (which i hate), I've never known there to be so many nasty and ignorant people. My brother who's 15 years old, and looks 15 years old, was getting fully grown men trying to pick fights with him at the campsite DJ, our friendly neighbours kindly robbed 3 of our chairs 10 min after we had arrived in camp, a group of people decided it was a great idea to steal everyones gazebos and carry them over all the tents knocking into them oh and there was some idiot who at 4am scared the life out of my friend by running and jumping into her tent. Along with the idiots who decide big fires are the best thing since sliced bread.

I'd say its because of all the young people, but im only 18 and all the people at my camp we're 18-22, and we didnt do anything that would spoil others festival. Its basically inconsiderate stupid people who cant handle themselves, people go to the festival to have a relax, listen to good music, get drunk and dance and sadly that was hard to do at this years festival even though I was with 30 of my best friends, and there was an amazing line up, which makes me seriously consider not attending my 4th leeds.

The mud didnt bother me too much

The sound quality wasn't ideal.

The number of absolute idiots in my campsite annoyed me. This was my 3rd leeds and although theres always been canister throwing (which i hate), tent burning on monday (which i hate), I've never known there to be so many nasty and ignorant people. My brother who's 15 years old, and looks 15 years old, was getting fully grown men trying to pick fights with him at the campsite DJ, our friendly neighbours kindly robbed 3 of our chairs 10 min after we had arrived in camp, a group of people decided it was a great idea to steal everyones gazebos and carry them over all the tents knocking into them oh and there was some idiot who at 4am scared the life out of my friend by running and jumping into her tent. Along with the idiots who decide big fires are the best thing since sliced bread.

I'd say its because of all the young people, but im only 18 and all the people at my camp we're 18-22, and we didnt do anything that would spoil others festival. Its basically inconsiderate stupid people who cant handle themselves, people go to the festival to have a relax, listen to good music, get drunk and dance and sadly that was hard to do at this years festival even though I was with 30 of my best friends, and there was an amazing line up, which makes me seriously consider not attending my 4th leeds.

I think the queing for wednesday was riddiculous making everyone walk down that small path on the hill, it would of been allright but it was so slippy and a bit of a hazzard, they should of removed the metal fence when it rained.

Edit: and the fact im now feeling the effects of noodles for every meal

Edited by lifelessfool

Only problem i had was nearly being evicted from the site for pissing against the metal fence that every1 was pissing against the full weekend in the blue camp. Luckily i managed to run away and lost the idiotic stewards as they called for other stewards to assist them.I would have used a toilet if their was one nearby but was too much of a trek . Later on though we seen the stewards running through piss basically just to try and toss them out , was pretty ridiculous i thought considering the amount they get paid and their was much other stuff going on they should have bn focusing on rather than just people pissing , doesnt really seem worth it.

sound was shocking on main stage coz they didnt have speaker towers at the front in the crowd like normal. you walked into the main stage area and you couldnt hear anything as you got in. that annoyed me.

also buy your beers with your card!!

oh sorry card machine is broken. every single bar

apart from that. amazing.

Worked all weekend so only got to see the headliners, was only really interested in RATM and was so disappointed, the sound was terrible could barely hear them. Also the teenage boys who thought it was a great laugh to piss in the middle of the crowd and their mates pushing them whilst they were pissing into the crowd Oh what fun F**king morons. We moved twice before I gave up and went and watched them from the food stalls. Overall the Festival was great but far to many very young guys being nobs

The only thing that pissed me off was the little chavs camped next to us who constantly asked us for beer, cigs, drugs! They woke us up at 6 today to ask. Plus they nearly burnt our tent last night. They covered our tent in beer n chocolate yoghurt. They were burning plastic 2 which smelt awful. I was so tempted to throw them in a fire! :P

I was camping in the Guest Bit as I have done for last few yrs. I wish local residents had a separate campsite though. I would say 99% of them are very nice ppl. The other 1% are horrible chavs!

The only thing that pissed me off was the little chavs camped next to us who constantly asked us for beer, cigs, drugs! They woke us up at 6 today to ask. Plus they nearly burnt our tent last night. They covered our tent in beer n chocolate yoghurt. They were burning plastic 2 which smelt awful. I was so tempted to throw them in a fire! :P

I was camping in the Guest Bit as I have done for last few yrs. I wish local residents had a separate campsite though. I would say 99% of them are very nice ppl. The other 1% are horrible chavs!

how inactive the crowd where during rage, had a great spot jus behind the 2nd barrier slightly to the right infront of the sound tent and was just so conservative. Wanted to go absolute apeshit but was afraid of moving too far n missing an awesome song whilst i try n move to within the barrier. Was like c'mon people its f**king RAGE!!!

another is the parents/dads bringing their kids near the front before it takes one of their kids to get trodden on by a mosh-pitter that they realise that they came to far forward.

MUD

Early Entry fiasco! i think next year il just buy an early entry ticket but turn up at 8 or sumin and what the hell was it doing opening at brown camp?? made it an absolute monster trek down to blue.

The Gated off middle bit inbetween the bar and the stalls at the back of the main stage where you couldnt walk through it to get to the main arena but you cud out of it