Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sarah.crosby2

Phoenix Festival

Can anyone help? I am trying to find out what the line up's were for The Phoenix 94.95 and 96. The reason being that I've learnt to use our scan and after a few trips up to the loft I've found lots of old pics of the kids - and would love to work out which year is which! I'm trying to write a list of all the bands they've ever seen!

I've tried googling this fest (which no longer runs) but cant find any info! Not even on efestivals!!!

Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers!

Can anyone help? I am trying to find out what the line up's were for The Phoenix 94.95 and 96. The reason being that I've learnt to use our scan and after a few trips up to the loft I've found lots of old pics of the kids - and would love to work out which year is which! I'm trying to write a list of all the bands they've ever seen!

I've tried googling this fest (which no longer runs) but cant find any info! Not even on efestivals!!!

Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers!

Ah - Phoenix 96 - my first festival.

Neil Young headlined (Thursday I think) and was the reason I went. Headliners on other nights were David Bowie (in his long trench-coat with the Union Jack on the back era), Bjork and the Sex Pistols. The only other act I can remember was Beck, because it was so hot for the festival I didn't 'see' him only heard him as I sat in the shade behind the mixing desk.

http://cd.ciao.co.uk/Phoenix_The_Album_Liv...7#productdetail

Putting Phoenix festival 1996 into Google bought up >250000 pages with many band names

Ah - Phoenix 96 - my first festival.

I remember been off my head on acid and getting caught up in a riot in 1995.

Stayed up all night pontificating about my theories on homeopaths when what I was really on about was sociopaths.(apologies to alernative medicine).

I LOVED PHEONIX !!!!!

(remember the dodgy misspelled t-shirts ?)

I will be able to get the full 96 line up, will dig it out later

I LOVED PHEONIX !!!!!

(remember the dodgy misspelled t-shirts ?)

I went in '96 and I can remember seeing:

Placebo

Fun lovin criminals

David Bowie

Bjork

Sex pistols

Neil Young

Manics

Foo Fighters

Longpigs

Reef

Stereophonics

Prodigy (twice)

Alanis Morrisette

Massive Attack

Me too.

I think in my loft I still have a copy of the 96 programme. I'll check and post up here if I do as it had all the running orders in it...I remember seeing The Manics, Bjork, Massive Attack, David Bowie, Prodigy, Bis, Aphex Twin and many more on a scorching weekend. Great line up

Ahh I remember the Sunday night well, got called to go into the pit for the Sex Pistols.. was chaos!!

Beat you to it! ;)

Mail0006.JPGMail0007.JPG

Mail0008.JPGMail0009.JPG

I've got the other four stages too if you are interested: Mean Fiddler, Dr Marten's, Loaded Comedy and Radio 1 Dance

Wow, 1996. I was only 28 then, far too young for fezzies, so I missed that one... :P

Apart from a couple of Greenbelts in my younger days I didn't actually go to a proper fezzie until Glastonbury 2003. Been to plenty since though...

I remember Phoenix finally being closed down - whether because of drugs problems or traffic impacts I'm not sure, but I vaguely recall there being some problems which meant it was refused a licence.