Phoenix Festival

Guest sarah.crosby2

Can anyone help? I am trying to find out what the line up's were for The Phoenix 94.95 and 96. The reason being that I've learnt to use our scan and after a few trips up to the loft I've found lots of old pics of the kids - and would love to work out which year is which! I'm trying to write a list of all the bands they've ever seen!

I've tried googling this fest (which no longer runs) but cant find any info! Not even on efestivals!!!

Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers!

Can anyone help? I am trying to find out what the line up's were for The Phoenix 94.95 and 96. The reason being that I've learnt to use our scan and after a few trips up to the loft I've found lots of old pics of the kids - and would love to work out which year is which! I'm trying to write a list of all the bands they've ever seen!

I've tried googling this fest (which no longer runs) but cant find any info! Not even on efestivals!!!

Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers!

Ah - Phoenix 96 - my first festival.

Neil Young headlined (Thursday I think) and was the reason I went. Headliners on other nights were David Bowie (in his long trench-coat with the Union Jack on the back era), Bjork and the Sex Pistols. The only other act I can remember was Beck, because it was so hot for the festival I didn't 'see' him only heard him as I sat in the shade behind the mixing desk.

http://cd.ciao.co.uk/Phoenix_The_Album_Liv...7#productdetail

Putting Phoenix festival 1996 into Google bought up >250000 pages with many band names

Ah - Phoenix 96 - my first festival.
Edited by MikeyB37

I LOVED PHEONIX !!!!!

(remember the dodgy misspelled t-shirts ?)

• 2 months later...
I went in '96 and I can remember seeing:

Placebo

Fun lovin criminals

David Bowie

Bjork

Sex pistols

Neil Young

Manics

Foo Fighters

Longpigs

Reef

Stereophonics

Prodigy (twice)

Alanis Morrisette

Massive Attack

Me too.

I think in my loft I still have a copy of the 96 programme. I'll check and post up here if I do as it had all the running orders in it...I remember seeing The Manics, Bjork, Massive Attack, David Bowie, Prodigy, Bis, Aphex Twin and many more on a scorching weekend. Great line up

Wow, 1996. I was only 28 then, far too young for fezzies, so I missed that one... :P

Apart from a couple of Greenbelts in my younger days I didn't actually go to a proper fezzie until Glastonbury 2003. Been to plenty since though...

I remember Phoenix finally being closed down - whether because of drugs problems or traffic impacts I'm not sure, but I vaguely recall there being some problems which meant it was refused a licence.

• 3 weeks later...