How lucky we are....

Guest lobez

This year was my third year at beautiful days and despite the weather i had a ball. For my girlfriend this was her first festival experience (and first time camping!) and she absolutely loved it. I said to her that if she can survive this year she can survive anything! The fact that the weather did not detract from our enjoyment is down to the organisation, the perfect size and layout of the festival, the fantastic and diversified line up, but, most of all, the amazing people that go to Beautiful Days. Without doubt the friendliest crowd of any festival ive been to in my 20 years of festi going.

Just out of interest i took a look at the V festival board this morning, to read stories of 'Chavfest' (their words not mine), violence, p!ss throwing, general drunken unsocialable behaviour and, despite great weather (at chelmsford), a lack of atmosphere. Not the first time ive heard this about (or experienced it first hand) at V, but by all acounts it was worse than ever this year.

What is even more worrying is that some people seem to think that all this is acceptable behaviour at a festival. I know for sure that if i had taken my girlfriend to V she would never be going to another festival again (or anywhere else with me probably! :lol: )

It would seem that BDs and V are at the opporsite poles of Festivals and its reassuring that they are on the same weekend...... long may it continue.

Well done to all those connected with the festival and all those attending who make it such a fabulous weekend....See you in 2009!

I couldnt agree with you more. I met some awesome people and people i am sure i shall continue to speak to. There was such a lovely atmosphere. I didnt see one fight, or one incident of attitude/violence.

The layout is perfect, just the right size.

Before this i was a Glasto girl, but tbh i think i have been converted.

I couldnt agree with you more. I met some awesome people and people i am sure i shall continue to speak to. There was such a lovely atmosphere. I didnt see one fight, or one incident of attitude/violence.

The layout is perfect, just the right size.

Before this i was a Glasto girl, but tbh i think i have been converted.

I'm continuing to go to Glastonbury, but I'm a worker there now. Not sure I agree that because BD is excellent (which it is) we should use that as a stick to bash Glastonbury, they're very differnt festivals and I'm not sure it's fair to compare them in such direct terms. I had a fine old time (between shifts) at Glasto this time, and this year was my 13th, I'm not jaded!!

I'm definitely back at BD 2009, not least because after two muddy ones, 2007 and 2008, it would be a right pisser to miss a fine dry one that would be even better!

Edited by William of Walworth

Having been to Glasto for 12 years and both festivals for the last three I think my glasto days might be over. BD's has the atmosphere that glasto has been losing for the last few years. Sure, its still there in places but its just got too big.

Was it your 1st BD's catsta2001 ?

I'm continuing to go to Glastonbury, but I'm a worker there now. Not sure I agree that because BD is excellent (which it is) we should use that as a stick to bash Glastonbury, they're very differnt festivals and I'm not sure it's fair to compare them in such direct terms. I had a fine old time (between shifts) at Glasto this time, and this year was my 13th, I'm not jaded!!

I'm definitely back at BD 2009, not least because after two muddy ones, 2007 and 2008, it would be a right pisser to miss a fine dry one that would be even better!

I'm fast becoming a Glastonbury obsessive, but I know i need to try other things in the year as well. Hopefully BD will suit me perfectly, (it's bound to be sunny at at least one of them :lol: ) It may be that after doing a smaller festival, i'll do Glastonbury a different way, and hopefully i'll be enjoying Beautiful Days for many years to come as well. I haven't even been to BD yet, but i can guarantee it's better than V/R&L/T in the Park :D

Edited by Alcatraz

I've been to all 6 BD's and absolutely love the place and not just because I've been a Lev's fan for 20 years.

I have to say that the atmosphere is sooo good and only comparable to the Green Fields at G.

Not been to the last couple of Glasto's - do you think that I should change my Board Name?

I've also been to the last 4 (or so) BDs, and it is a definite fixture in my calendar. Glasto though has a special place in my heart undoubtably.

Yeah it is awfully big, and that can be a pain. It is all in where you pitch your tent I think. Last year I swore I would not go to Glasto again, but with 4 days to go, I gave in and bought a ticket. Still enjoyed it, just not as much as BD. I think with Glasto you just have to be a bit constrained and think "I'm going to stick in this corner of the festival and not even attempt to go anywhere else". That way it is like a small festival, without the frustration of spending half an hour walking between stages.

Gav

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gutted..............

Having been to 4 BDs, including last years mudfest and loved every minute I've succumbed to a large group of friends and booked tickets for Reading this year, I went to the Reading festival first in 1987 and loved it then.....however......checking the forums for Reading/Leeds and reading about riots, gas cannisters thrown onto fires, rugby tackles into cess pools, stolen beer/flags/gazebos/belongings in general, tents being dragged with girls sleeping inside onto fires, GCSE first time away from home dickheads who really need to be shown the meaning of the word respect acting like complete antisocial arseholes......

I'm seriously regretting the decision, and what makes things worse is that my girlfriend has never been to a festival, and her baptism is to be Reading, I'm wondering if I can persuade her we can afford two festivals this year to get to BDs, so at least I may be able to get her to BDs 2010, because I suspect I may be otherwise doomed to no more fests....

I've also been to the last 4 (or so) BDs, and it is a definite fixture in my calendar. Glasto though has a special place in my heart undoubtably.

Yeah it is awfully big, and that can be a pain. It is all in where you pitch your tent I think. Last year I swore I would not go to Glasto again, but with 4 days to go, I gave in and bought a ticket. Still enjoyed it, just not as much as BD. I think with Glasto you just have to be a bit constrained and think "I'm going to stick in this corner of the festival and not even attempt to go anywhere else". That way it is like a small festival, without the frustration of spending half an hour walking between stages.

Gav

Just popping in to say hello although I know a lot of your names already from Glasto posts. This year will be our first BD after plenty Glasto's over the years. Really looking forward to it. Sticking around Devon for a few days after as well.

This thread is whetting the appetite so keep the stories coming please. Roll on August

This will be our 4th BD this year and lookin forward to seeing Dreadzone again, also mad Martin on the jerky stall, I was introduced to him last year by my mate. What a great character he is.The weathers going to be good this year back to our normal summers after a cold winter. ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...