weather

Guest annie1

Hi folks, we just got back to Surrey after a wonderful festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Yeah sure it rained and rained and yes even rained some more. Our theory is they should change the name to MUD FEST Days. We managed to get out of the camper field with not too much of a problem, but the car park oh dear they were going nowhere without the help of a tractor!!! There were tractors working when we got up first thing about 6.30 and I would presume they are still working now :) Anyway brilliant festival despite the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left after the Levs last night as my tent flooded Sat :) Finally got dragged backwards out of the carpark just before 2am in torrential rain. Was a bit of a wait for a tractor but they were doing an amazingly fast job considering the amount of hazard lights flashing last night! Thanks to all the tractor guys working in apalling conditions throughout the night, as I'd probably still be stuck :) Hope it was a bit better this morning. Still, had an amazing time yet again and will def be back for next year - but will be investing in a new tent :)

there was no need for the tractor in the camper van field after they had removed some fencing to make a new exit, it was daft expecting the vans to be able to exit along a route which was already soft from them arriving, dont know about the car parks but from what i saw with the campers they should get somebody who can assess the state of the ground to organise and run the parking and not stick to a prearranged plan organised by a health and safety committee which becomes completly useless because emergency vechiles can not get access

We had a great time and you can't blame the organisers for the weather.

A couple of points though -

MORE STRAW PLEASE!! Much more.

and

I think it would be useful to have car park stewards directing the cars OUT as well as in, or at least someone to try to point the cars in the right direction for the conditions at the time.

We saw cars driving from the bottom field to the top field, then attempting to get back down to the bottom field as they saw the traffic moving better there with the result that the gates were getting blocked constantly and needing a tow when it would have been far more effective to have had the tractors helping more cars closer to the exits.

Andy Loos seemed to do fantastically well this time, as far as I could see, so top marks to his team.

Thanks to everyone else for the best weekend we could have expected in the circumstances.

:lol:

Given the weather a fantastic effort by the organisers..

Echo the comments about the loos - the reorganisation of the access allowing the 'poo trucks' to keep going desite the mud (and even cleaning on monday morning near us!) worked well..

Only criticism was the car park on the way out (no real organisation or info), as despite the efforts of the tractors, it was all a bit 'hit and miss' getting out - still, it extended our festival by several hours (just waited until it was clearer and blasted through the mud!)

Back again next year?...you bet! :lol:

Edited by ellal