Best way to sneak in to campsite?

Guest withniall and i

I'm a broke student - looking to soak up the reading campsite atmosphere for a day or 2... (without paying)

Thinking about hitchhiking down from Suffolk on Friday.

I don't want to hear about what you think about "cheap skates" like me... I just want to get some tips on how to get on to the campsite for a few days - advice from anyone who's done it personally would be great!

cheers,

x

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best way to get in without paying is to volunteer to work there, you will get access to all campsites, the arena and probbaly a few perks like a nice bib to wear, and it wont cost you a penny.

I'm a broke student - looking to soak up the reading campsite atmosphere for a day or 2... (without paying)

I don't want to hear about what you think about "cheap skates" like me... I just want to get some tips on how to get on to the campsite for a few days - advice from anyone who's done it personally would be great!

cheers,

x

cheers,

x

If you can get in for nothing then that doesn't say much for security. For every person that wants to get in 'for the atmosphere' there's another that wants to get in to nick stuff. So if you try it, I hope you get caught :)

As for volunterring to work there, none of the companies are going to take someone on 3 days before the festival starts. Most have deadlines back in July to allow time for criminal record checks.

Edited by fowls

cheers,

x

Dammit, I opened this expected some awesomely written and hilarious parody of the other thread, but instead you're just some noob who can't use the search button (or even read the first page of the forum) :).

I'd suggest wearing camo, or all black at night. Ninja Outfits are optional. Alternatively sail a boat down the thames and set shore for Brown camp.

£2 less than a ticket actually :)

And you get it back. And you get paid.

I used my overdraft. What's your excse? Unless you've used it for non-emergency or non-deposit related stuff. In which case you're a fool with no fiscal sense whatsoever. In which case, what the f**k are you doing as a student anyway? Get out and get a job.

I started going to Reading at 16, in 2000. I have paid for myself every single year. I couldn't afford to go in 2005, as it was nearly my final year at uni and I was horrendously in debt. I stayed at home, worked every hour possible to make money to go in 2006. I didn't try sneaking in. I wouldn't even bother.

And loans ALWAYS come out near ticket release date...and if you don't have an overdraft to cover £160 quid then more fool you.

Edited by sickhappy