Sunday morning breathalyser test.

Guest Da_J_Doc-~

I noticed the polis in the layby - and it was put out on the MFR news in the morning that they were going to randomly pull. And I TOTALLY agree (especially as at the moment we have to regularly take our chances right down the A9 which the tee-totallers can render lethal!) that it was the right course of action but at the risk of being a wee bit contraversial (and it's not my stance, just asking to see what others think) , age/driving experience/length of drive home means we've learnt to reign ourselves in on the Sat. night (saints that we are ;) ), but I know if we had a big night out at home we wouldn't be fit to be up and on the road at midday. Just thinking about Wickerman (our experience anyway) where they leave you till you think you're fit, or Skye where you could stay as long as, or Loop, where you can book for Sun. night. I know a lot of folk have to be at their work Mon. morn but do you think 1pm is too early to clear you?

Just a thought.

S

x

I noticed the polis in the layby - and it was put out on the MFR news in the morning that they were going to randomly pull. And I TOTALLY agree (especially as at the moment we have to regularly take our chances right down the A9 which the tee-totallers can render lethal!) that it was the right course of action but at the risk of being a wee bit contraversial (and it's not my stance, just asking to see what others think) , age/driving experience/length of drive home means we've learnt to reign ourselves in on the Sat. night (saints that we are ;) ), but I know if we had a big night out at home we wouldn't be fit to be up and on the road at midday. Just thinking about Wickerman (our experience anyway) where they leave you till you think you're fit, or Skye where you could stay as long as, or Loop, where you can book for Sun. night. I know a lot of folk have to be at their work Mon. morn but do you think 1pm is too early to clear you?

Just a thought.

S

x

I noticed them in the layby. Had a bit of sense and let Alison drive home, no way would I have passed a breath test. My mate Rab got pulled in, luckily he passed the test.

They did warn him for not having an up to date tax disc thou. He had only bought the car a couple of days before and hadn't been home to sort it out yet.

Not me guv, but saw what looked like the police dogs chase some drunk who abandoned their car and attempted to escape justice. Drinking and driving is a bad thing, so is taking drugs and driving and I hope that festy goers do not think that they are above the law and act selfishly.

Bring on the Zero Tolerance like they have in Norway.

what about being unfit to drive after having too little sleep,thats just as dangerous as drink driving i,ve come away from glasto a few times feeling ok for a while but becoming realy tired quickly and had the good sense to stop for coffee every hour or so

anybody who knows that they were leaving early should have had a light night on the beer anyway

zero tolerance is too much like a nazi state too me what about if you just had some thing like a bit of auties sherry trifle or some common cold remedys that have alchol in them

the easist ways to deal with drink drivers is to have much harser penalties,me if someone kills someone when drunk driving i,d jail them for 25yrs per life taken