on the plus side...

Guest Loodlini

Ashamed to say that the weather put me off seeing some of the "bigger" names on the JC stage, but that meant I caught a number of other bands I might not have bothered with otherwise. That's one of the things I enjoy most about festivals like this - discovering great bands I'd never even heard of before. Winners in this category? Gotta be Big Red Ass. Lotsa fun, had the audience on side, and put a big grin on my face.

Congrats to Flounder & co - hope you get the problems in the other threads sorted, and looking forward to next year.

mmmmm favourite act of the whole thing probably The Skatalites and whoever was on the DD Stage at the same time - I'd been drinkin' scrumpy in the bar waitin' for it to stop raining - next thing I'm dancin' about to them in the rain - wobbling between the two stages.

Had a great time myself! Was a bit boring and stayed in my tent for most of the time when it was raining, but could hear the bands on the JC stage so it was still fun!

Loads of bands who were really great; Beat, Subgiant, Cropdusters, Buzzcocks, Alabama 3, Highliners, Dreadzone.

Best band: Symarip! Quality Stuff! :D

hmmmmm 4 me vibrinics alabama and dreadzone blew my mind.carnt w8 for next year.dont think we gona bring the kids so paaaaardy on.

didnt see no probs with security so carnt comment.on other post.so top time.more wood chip next year guys apart from that all good.bigup all wellgood :D

That is a really tough question - so many good acts as usual.

Top of the pile has to be Symarip though - an unbelievably uplifting and dynamic set while the rain swirled around outside. Would love to see them back next year.

And a close second would be Cash Converted - couldn't get over how good they were. Especially after the pre-gig modesty off some of their members :D

Dead Plants on the DD stage on Sunday afternoon - Memphis via Aberdeen. Really authentic early Rockabilly sound with original spot on songs.

Ed Rome were great too - what was that bass he was playing? The tenor player was great - couldn'y help thinking that she was very young

Hurly Burley staff doing their set on Saturday early evening.................. scchhhwwwiiiiingggggg!!

• 4 weeks later...

I missed loads of it, but I think the story for me was Tom ( double bassist for Cash Converted and Pronghorn) driving up to the main stage in his tractor, leaping over the barrier, playing a blinding set then leaping back off to drive away and deliver some more wood chippings :D

Other good reports were Who's Afear'd and Fat, Drunk & Stupid - both of whom really had the crowds with 'em.

The highlights of the ones I did see were Symarip ( who were really blinding), SubGiant ( who really started the crowd going in that rain) and The Highliners who played the best set I have ever seen them play ( and there's been a few!!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An absolute beaujangler of a weekend. Instead of my normal routine of getting pissed and missing everything apart from the comedy I decided to take a new approach and try this sobriety that I have heard about. The rain helped on the Saturday as I was fully tooled up with water proofs and during the course of the day and early evening I saw about 10 different bands. Cash Converted started the day and from then on it was a joy.

On Sunday I started the day with Hobo and the boys and finished it with Goldblade who were absolutely superb. WE had a great crack in the comedy tent throughout the weekend and all the comedians involved had a fantastic weekend. Llama, fi, flounder and the many others involved have created a beautiful thing and should be very proud.

It is a pity that a few people have got a bug up their ass about the security but from a personal perspective every one I had contact with was good natured and professional. There will always be a bit of tweaking that needs to be done however this year was beyond doubt the best yet. Sadly after four consecutive years it is not possible for me to return next year and I will sorely miss my annual fix of great music, great comedy and great vibe.

To all involved in the setting up of this mighty piece of peace, I trust that your days will be bounteous and may your camels multiply.

Bentleyx

Edited by rustic bentley