Beer Token Fiasco

Guest akkie

I thought this was a nightmare with 100 yard long queues and barman/girls standing serving noone what was that all about belladrum...that token stall didnt work at all what happens at every other festival I go too is the tokens get sold at the same place you buy the beer...please sort it out for next year.

but all in all a great festival...

akkie

I never had a problem, bought all mine at about 2pm on Friday with hardly any queue and they lasted me the weekend.

Think the problem was that they were giving cash back there, not so much the selling of the tokens, they need to move the cash back to somewhere else.

I never had a problem, bought all mine at about 2pm on Friday with hardly any queue and they lasted me the weekend.

Think the problem was that they were giving cash back there, not so much the selling of the tokens, they need to move the cash back to somewhere else.

When we arrived on Friday at about midday, the queue was a "aww, for f**ks sake" length about it. But we just joined it, got served after 20 minutes and bought enough tokens to last the day (after checking they would be valid for Saturday if we had bought too many)

Later on is seemed only 20 or so deep at the time at any point.

Bars never seemed busy that over the 2 days. I remember 2 years ago when it was a nightmare getting served.

But I agree, the cash back held things up, and it was the thing I mentioned in the belladrum questionnaire.

^^^^

Does anyone remember when the Black Isle tent had a wheely bin with a big slot cut in the lid for the money for the tokens and daft wee padlock securing it? Jeez it must have had thoosands in it by the end of the night.

har! them were the days eh! ;)

Saw the queues and monitored them whilst having a beer under the big tree, it seemed that people just joined the back of the long queue whilst others funnelled in from the sid as the large queue split for the individual windows, couple that with the cash back and the good weather and your always gonna get a queue, looked like the festie newbs that tend to queue for queings sake that were at fault.

Och, I was dischuffed, I tried ALL of my best lines on the young ladies in the token booth, and did I get ONE extra token from any of the slim, gorgeous creatures with captivating eyes within. NAW!

i agree with the token machine system, but failing that, on the first day, first thing in the a.m. buy lots of tokens, then you won't need to bother about the q while you are there the whole weekend!!! i bought 25 tokens and we used them all by sunday.

aye thats ok if you use them all, if you dont your left with them! as i said before the cash bar worked fine at the black isle bar the year before last, dont know why they changed it. if it aint broke and all that