Campervan Chaos!

Guest pendleton_girl

hey we have got to remember that EIID is held on a working farm, there are going to be years certain fields can't be used. the organisers have apologised and admitted there was communication problems the steward points had to be changed. they managed to get a water point to the area we would all have been moaning if it had been a scorching weekend and no water. toilets did get there in the end. all they can do is apologise and learn from their mistakes. they say it will not happen again lets give them a chance

To tell you the truth I quite enjoyed the Campervan chaos.

OK, the toilets and water were inadequate and I can understand that people expect more.

But I loved it !!! :)

Waking up early Saturday afternoon and drawing the curtains in the van to reveal a scene more reminiscent of Stonehenge Festival or early Glastonburys of the 1980's was just sublime, add to that the fact that we were being " boxed in " by the Back to the Planet camp and you have one of my favorite moments of the weekend............... :)

It was a glorious ramshackle, shanty town sort of a place this year and for me had the feel of a Festival within a Festival.

I can understand totally the concerns of people who were kept awake, didn't feel safe and had issues with the lack of facilities.

Maybe a split Campervan area would be a good idea, with a quiet / family area nearer the toilets and water and furthest away from the nearest stage, after all most Festivals have quiet / family camping areas.

I had three kids under six, and one of them wandered off. No snags, we were re-united in minutes, thanks to lots of festival goers and stewards who helped out.

I can't really believe some of the nonsense I'm reading on this thread, i.e. "taps too high", "Health and Safety" etc. It's a festival - not the Ritz!!!!! It was a great festival from mine and my kids point of view and I think that a great big "THANK YOU" should be going out to the organisers and staff, who - let's face it - aren't exactly going to be millionares out of this.

If people are so agrieved at paying an extra 20 quid to get a van in and not having top facilities, here's a top tip:

SELL your van, use the interest from the proceeds to pay for a local hotel to stay in, and simply get a taxi or a bus to the site every day. That way you can get all the modern conveniances you demand and you wont have to rough it like the peasants!!!! SORTED!

ENDORSE IT IN DORSET 2008 - Many thanks, it was fantastic!