Bella 2009

Guest thedementedpoppet

I really do like the format of having one more upbeat band and retaining one celtic influenced band. I think that there maybe a temptation for a band like Deacon Blue to headline, but I also wonder what influence the funding from the Homecoming event will have and wether that will dictate a more traditional feel.

Personally I love the idea of Madness (which does not fit in with the above) and a couple from the leftwing being Macy Gray (whose other festival appearance this year appears to have gone down really well) and John Otaway (stuck away in a tent causing chaos would be awsome).

It is hard to figure out exactly what kind of level headliners Bella could attract, although I suspect that it's reputation may be increasingly tempting for some bands. but thats all the fun for speculation.

I do suspect that there will be a fairly early announcement on at least one headliner next year...

Edited by thedementedpoppet

I really do like the format of having one more upbeat band and retaining one celtic influenced band. I think that there maybe a temptation for a band like Deacon Blue to headline, but I also wonder what influence the funding from the Homecoming event will have and wether that will dictate a more traditional feel.

Personally I love the idea of Madness (which does not fit in with the above) and a couple from the leftwing being Macy Gray (whose other festival appearance this year appears to have gone down really well) and John Otaway (stuck away in a tent causing chaos would be awsome).

It is hard to figure out exactly what kind of level headliners Bella could attract, although I suspect that it's reputation may be increasingly tempting for some bands. but thats all the fun for speculation.

I do suspect that there will be a fairly early announcement on at least one headliner next year...

Well your eldest was having a ball - he obviously wasn't going to be influenced by his grumpy old man!! :)

But don't worry, if Scissor Sisters do play my creche will be open for business again. Just as long as you take Mr G to watch some music to hang yourself by! :lol::)

Well your eldest was having a ball - he obviously wasn't going to be influenced by his grumpy old man!! :P

But don't worry, if Scissor Sisters do play my creche will be open for business again. Just as long as you take Mr G to watch some music to hang yourself by! :lol::)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Scissor Sisters would be ok, but I would love to see the Editors, and glasvegas and a wee band called Longview. Hmm Gomez would be awesome too.

I know that I cant wait til they start announcing the lineup